Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the great iaido master danzaki tomoaki died

Dear friends
    I would like to share with you the sad news of the death of one of japan greatest iaido master of the 20 th century the head (soke)of the famous muso shinden ryu iai
    Danzaki sensei was the last student alive until last month of the famous Nakayama hakudo hiromichi sensei who was the teacher of the emperor guards
    and the 16 soke of muso shin den ryu i received this news from my iai and Taifushin teacher mr. taifu who studied personali in japan in the dojo of Danzki Tomoaki since 1997 he himself started study in 1990 under the hand of Tsabar Erem who was the student of nagamoto sensei 8th dan who was also a student of Nakayama Hakudo sensei Danzaki when met Mr. Taifu at the first time tested him and accept him mr. taifu was actualli one of the only foreigners who studied in Danzaki honbu dojo” i remember Taifu’s words” i entered the dojo and i felt like igot bak in time adlist 300 years back the spirit of this dojo was something i never saw and felt anywhere”
    danzaki died on October 24 2003 he was born in 1906 that’s 96 years of iai kendo and jodo history he was 9th dan in iaido and one of the founders of all japan iaido federation 7th dan in kendo and 7th dan in jodo he was a historical asset to the budo people of Japan we student of muso shinden ryu iai owner the master and nay his soul riches heaven during the last two month Taifu sensei founder of taifushin and and a 4th dan in muso shinden ryu and also hold other high grades in Japanese bujutsu (6th dan koryu bujutsu )dedicated the last two month in the official Taifushin site for muso shinden ryu forms and taifushin iaijutsu techniques in free video clips for self study. this month you will be able to read about the life of danzaki tomoaki from some stories that will be published during this month and also some clips from the dojo of danzaki tomoaki top students you are all welcome to view and receive the great spirit of iai from this great sword master and his great top student masters of Japan click this link and enjoy
    www.taifushin.com
    yours
    misses w.d.wind

Taifushin

Originally posted by w.d.wind
    Dear friends
    I would like to share with you the sad news of the death of one of japan greatest iaido master of the 20 th century the head (soke)of the famous muso shinden ryu iai...

we student of muso shinden ryu iai owner the master and nay his soul riches heaven during the last two month Taifu sensei founder of taifushin and and a 4th dan in muso shinden ryu and also hold other high grades in Japanese bujutsu (6th dan koryu bujutsu )dedicated the last two month in the official Taifushin site for muso shinden ryu forms and taifushin iaijutsu techniques in free video clips for self study. this month you will be able to read about the life of danzaki tomoaki from some stories that will be published during this month and also some clips from the dojo of danzaki tomoaki top students you are all welcome to view and receive the great spirit of iai from this great sword master and his great top student masters of Japan click this link and enjoy
    www.taifushin.com
    yours
    misses w.d.wind
    And just when is it considered good form to turn a memorial thread into a crass commercial plug for "Taifushin"?

Britt Nichols

Comment

Originally posted by Kusarigama
      And just when is it considered good form to turn a memorial thread into a crass commercial plug for "Taifushin"?

Britt Nichols
      I totally agree.
      I'm not a iaido practicioner but the death of a soke is something way too important to link it with such a site.

Comment

I hope that this may help for lineage guidelines.... Pasi always comes up trumps for this type of thing!
        One thing puzzles me though when I see a high number for soke for MSR and MJER...perhaps one of our Japanese writers can explain. If Oe Masamichi combined tanimura ha and shimomura ha back into one for MJER, Nakayama Hakudo set off MSR after that, how come the numbers dont start again at that point?

http://personal.inet.fi/surf/iaido/A...s/lineage.html

It would be best to change the link so that the video stuff comes up straight away, not many of us are interested in other arts outside of sword...

Comment

Danzaki Tomoaki

no disrespect to Danzaki Tomoaki sensei, he is a legend and renown for a reason
          Danzaki Tomoaki was one of several menkyo kaiden from the Yushinkan. He would recieve his menkyo kaiden for Hashimoto Toyo on of the head shihans of the Yushinkan. Hashimoto Toyo was also said by several people to be the next sucessor of the Yushinkan. If you go to Wayne Muramoto's homepage of Takeuchi ryu Kobudo and look under iaido he is listed as the 19th sucessor. Although the time chart on your post is wrong. Nakayama Hakudo was the 18th sucessor, and the 8th sucessor of Shindo Munen Ryu. He would recieve the lineage of Muso Shinden Shigenobu ryu (thats what the art was called when he recvieved the school from the 17th soke Hosokawa Yoshimasa sensei). Nakayama Hakudo would appoint his son as the 9th sucessor of Shindo Munen Ryu, give him the Yushinkan, and present menkyo kaiden of MSRI to him as well. It is more liklely his son would have been appointed if anything, so I believe like Oe Sensei of Tanamura ha no sucessor was appointed. If someone had proof this would not have even been disputed in MSRI and MJERI.

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X