Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WVU Kendo Club...demo pics/write-up

Hey all...

Our newly formed university kendo club had a demonstration in the main area of the student union. Lets just say that our kiai attracted lots of lunch-eating people to come and watch. It was great!

I put the pictures up on my website here. Follow the Photo Gallery link.

Also there is a write-up on the main page, check it out!

Thanks

Congratulations! Here's wishing you (and your new dojo) many many good years of kendo!

Comment

Thanks Andoru! Thats appreciated!

The guy thats teaching us is actually a good friend of Alex and Hamish (the Kendo World guys). He lived with them in New Zealand before going to Guatemala, then here.

So, I feel a very close connection to Kendo World.

Comment

That was pretty cool. I should asked my friend to do the same thing you did. He recently started a Kendo Clube at UTD and the word hasnt really gone out yet. So far its only a word of mouth and a couple of fliers.

Comment

congrats man.

thats really cool, when you first came here asking for dojos and advise and what not, and now you got a dojo full set up! hah, kickass. time sure flies....

best wishes to your dojo.

Comment

Thanks Paburo!

Yeah I remember the good ole days hanging out the the Official Kendo World Chat Room with you and Mingshi and crew. That was fun.

Yeah, I really tried hard to get a dojo/club set up last year but didn't have any luck. This year I received a gift from the Kendo gods (and from Alex and Hamish...haha) with the sensei that showed up on my doorstep. I found a couple other people who were semi-interested and took it from there. Couldn't have worked out better!

We've got 19-20 people coming twice a week...which is really a lot more than I expected. We're hoping to have them all in bogu sometime soon after christmas. That's when the real fun will start.

Anyways, thanks for checking out my site and such. I think your site is a bit better than mine however. I'll post a link to the club website after I finish it. I'm using your site as my competition Paburo!

Later

Comment

Working...
            X