X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cute photo I found on google japan

I googled the kanji for kendo on google.co.jp and found this amongst the pages.

another

Comment

The second pic is taken from F.J. Norman's pic (featured in Kendo World Magazine). The third pic is on the backcover of Kendo World vol 1 #2 I believe.

Comment

OMG! that shinai is sooo bent did it break or not? plz tell me that doesnt happen every day... whats with the guys armour..what kinda hit is that?
        my baby (18 months) loves our shinais and bokken she likes to pick them up and carry them around the house... she also loves the broom and the mop so i dont think its anything special.. but cute to see..

Comment

It's a tsuki.

Yup the shinai is very close to structural collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Wifenmummy
            plz tell me that doesnt happen every day...
            In a recent tournament I attacked my opponent, followed through, turned around and managed to place my shinai on her mune (she followed me with the intention to attack while I was turning around). She had so much momentum that my shinai bent, too, with a terrible sound (like "krrrrrtchchchchch"). It wasn't as spectactular as in the picture but I think the monouchi had for a short time an angle close to 90 degrees with the rest of the shinai. Now it has a more katana-like shape and I think I cannot use it anymore.

Regards,

Stefan

Comment

originaly posted by stefan, Now it has a more katana-like shape and I think I cannot use it anymore.
              aah why not, that would look more realistic with a bent shinai, it is bamboo after all the make scafoldings out of it for goodnes sake,

but that pic of the tsuki i would loved to have been the guy doing it to him that is some serios attack

Comment

Originally posted by indigo0086
                I googled the kanji for kendo on google.co.jp and found this amongst the pages.

that is the cutest thing i have seen in a long time. imagine what that little person will be capable of in a few years...

Comment

Argh, i cannot resist it's cuteness !!!
                  Thanks for sharing :P

--Niels

Comment

little kids like that are in my dojang. I find it so cute when they are in their hogu and can hardly walk in it. They also trip alot during spariing and they can hardly hit very hard but i find them very cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Andoru
                      It's a tsuki.

Yup the shinai is very close to structural collapse.
                      This picture shows why we should let go after tsuki...unless your training in dangerous police dojo. But wow...that cost him a shinai...gave the photographer a bit of cash though..haha

Comment

i want to see the expresion on the peoples faces

Comment

KAWAII!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen something as cute as this photo. The little kendoka is so kawaii!

Serenity

Comment

... oi ...

The "Tsuki photo" is really terrifying.

Serenity

Comment

Actually that 'tsuki' pic is showing the worst example of tsuki.

No pull back, or tsuki from very very close maai,
                              left had way off center.

Seems like the pic came from some Hokushin dojo, but they should be
                              embarassed to post such a pic

Comment

Working...
                              X