X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kendo documentary currently airing...

the NHK documentary on the 8-dan examinations in Japan is going to be aired soon (1/14/05) on the Imaginasian channel:
    http://www.iatv.tv/documentary/413/

since the only version of this on the web is a mediocre quality 85 MB file on kendoshop.com, where the english subtitles are obscured by korean subtitles, I figure this is an excellent opportunity for someone to digitally record it and get a much better version.

would anybody out there be willing to record this with their PVR and maybe start a torrent so that there's a good copy going around?

i badly want to see this on a normal screen instead of in a heavily artifacted 2" window.... please please please...

if i got the channel i would od it with my computer

Comment

Originally posted by riotnrrrd
      would anybody out there be willing to record this with their PVR and maybe start a torrent so that there's a good copy going around?
      Yeah that'd be great.

Comment

Thanx for the link. The movie is watchable. And I can't complain about the quality since it cost me nothing to get it
        You only have to pause it at the moment the subtitles comes on. It's English first and a hald second later Korean.

Comment

Hi there,

I am downloading the 8th dan examination right now with eDonkey. It's 423 mb, so I think it has a better quality than the one I downloaded before (which was only 85 mb). So look for it with eDonkey, you should have no problem finding it.

Comment

the edonkey version is also crappy

i downloaded that version and it's basically the 85 MB version upsampled to make it bigger, maybe to fill out a vcd, i don't know.
            anyhow, just to spare you the trouble...

edonkey did list one instance of a 1 GB version, but i have yet to really get any part of that file downloaded (apparently it's rare that anyone with that file is on).

so, again, anybody in the denver area with HD, or comcast in bay area california, i think you get the channel... i find it hard to believe that no one on this forum can do this...

Comment

Working...
            X