Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sensei demski volos seminar 2005-pictures

http://community.webshots.com/user/ultra_v1ol3t

Tamaki, you obviously train in Greece. what dojo's are there in Greece and where do you buy equipment from, i have never seen any martial art shops in Greece. I have been going to Pefkohori twice a year for the last 3 years for holidays but have never had an excuse to train somewhere while i was over there, i have seen Volos on the EKF website but didn't know if there was anywhere else?

Comment

kendo in greece

Originally posted by armourer
      Tamaki, you obviously train in Greece. what dojo's are there in Greece and where do you buy equipment from, i have never seen any martial art shops in Greece. I have been going to Pefkohori twice a year for the last 3 years for holidays but have never had an excuse to train somewhere while i was over there, i have seen Volos on the EKF website but didn't know if there was anywhere else?
      there are 3-4 dojo in athens and 2 in thessaloniki.pefkohori i guess is near thessaloniki.this is where i started kendo.the website of the dojo i go there is www.yudokandojo.gr. please contact me if you plan on coming!
      as for shops,there are 1-2 but very expensive and low quality so everyone buys from kendoshop.com or ninecircles.co.uk etc.

Comment

kendo in greece

Originally posted by armourer
        there are 3-4 dojo in athens and 2 in thessaloniki.pefkohori i guess is near thessaloniki.this is where i started kendo.the website of the dojo i go there is www.yudokandojo.gr. please contact me if you plan on coming!
        as for shops,there are 1-2 but very expensive and low quality so everyone buys from kendoshop.com or ninecircles.co.uk etc.

Comment

I have a question as well, if you don't mind. I noticed that in some of your photos there's a japanese guy called hayashi from Tsukuba university. Is he studying in Greece, or is he part of one of the All Japan Kendo Fed's 'ambassadors' (I can't remember the right word)?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingofmyrrh
            I have a question as well, if you don't mind. I noticed that in some of your photos there's a japanese guy called hayashi from Tsukuba university. Is he studying in Greece, or is he part of one of the All Japan Kendo Fed's 'ambassadors' (I can't remember the right word)?
            None of these!
            Hayashi Sensei is a teacher invited to Greece by one dojo.He studied in tsukuba University,sports coaching with specialty in kendo coaching.He is 4dan,and he is staying in Greece only for one year. Next year maybe we will have another one coming.
            It is a terrific experience,I never before trained with a japanese teacher.His training is so different than anything we did before!

Comment

thanks for the info. Most of the higher level teachers that I know are from tsukuba as well. They really turn out some incredible kendoists!

Comment

Thanks Tamaki, I usually go in May and Sept, but i,m not sure about a car yet so i will take Bougu one of those (poss Sept).

Comment

Working...
                X