X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie: Samurai Fiction

Check out this movie. This black and white movie(1988) seems very interesting.

A young would-be warrior quests to retrieve his clan's precious sword in this hilarious rock n' roll samurai comedy from inventive director Hiroyuki Nakano. With its fun visuals, killer soundtrack and charming cast, Samurai Fiction takes those old jidai-geki and chambara films immortalized by Akira Kurosawa and gives them a delightful postmodern twist.

That movie was awesome! The scene where Tomoyasu Hotei's character told his henchmen not to worry about getting him a hooker because he would be content with watching them was truly priceless.

Comment

i hav never heard about it..-_-

Comment

samurai fiction

I got the DVD of that, its a nice flick, just I was kinda disappointed at the start as I thought it was a serious movie and not a comedy, but the movie is cool, and the soundtrack sounds nice too....

Comment

i saw that movie a few weeks ago. i really enjoyed it and it was nice to see a samurai comedy for a change. the old ninja master who keeps dropping down from the ceiling was the funiest character in the movie.

Comment

thats sounds kinda cool, i will watch it sometimes

Comment

i saw that movie about 10 times or more, awesome.
              the story itself is not that comedy like, but all the cool gags really make it also a laugh.
              the "villain"-swordsman rynnosuke kazamatsuri was played by tomoyasu hotei, a famous rock-guitarist, who wrote the soundtrack of samurai fiction and also wrote the great track "battle without honor and humanity" from kill bill 1 (Oren-hallway-scene).
              he also has a short appearance in "red shadow" in an impressing yakuza-encounter at the beginning.

enjoy!

Comment

I really liked this movie too. I rented it a while back and after it was over I immediately found it and bought it. You can't take it too seriously (it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously), but it's highly enjoyable. I didn't know the lead bad dude was a rock musician, that's pretty cool. He's got a very memorable face. He did a decent job of sword-acting, too!

Comment

They seems like they have better maai then Uma Thurman or Tom Cruise...

Originally posted by Ric Flinn
                  I really liked this movie too. I rented it a while back and after it was over I immediately found it and bought it. You can't take it too seriously (it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously), but it's highly enjoyable. I didn't know the lead bad dude was a rock musician, that's pretty cool. He's got a very memorable face. He did a decent job of sword-acting, too!

Comment

i loved the part when the three guys are running like crazy down the road..

Comment

friggin awesome movie. pulp fiction for samurai buffs! the old ninja dude cracks me up! i think also being drunk, 3 in the morning after practice made it more fun to watch....

btw, theres a "sequel", sometihng like red ninja or something. somebody correct me. but i did not find it very entertaining. the chemistry just wasnt there.

Comment

Kagemaru!
                        O yobi de!

Fantastic!

Comment

I saw that movie a while back. I had no idea that it was a comedy at first. It was a funny movie though. I didnt know that the lead bad guy was a rock star. But his face looks familiar. Has he been in other movies?

Comment

Originally posted by T.Lee
                            friggin awesome movie. pulp fiction for samurai buffs! the old ninja dude cracks me up! i think also being drunk, 3 in the morning after practice made it more fun to watch....

btw, theres a "sequel", sometihng like red ninja or something. somebody correct me. but i did not find it very entertaining. the chemistry just wasnt there.
                            That would be Akakage or Red Shadow. It had promise but then turned out to be complete rubbish. Not so much Samurai Fiction 2 as more a Samurai mess.

The old ninja (Kagemaru) is great. I like how he does the old dropping from the roof thing and slowly falls over.

Comment

Working...
                            X