Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana cuts bullet in half

http://mail.cu.ac.kr/~cave10/NihotoVSpistol.wmv

this has been out there for a while but I saw it for the first time and I dropped my jaw. I was always told that in kenjutsu they taught you more about dodging than blocking because the katana can snap/chip if you smacked it too hard against your opponent's blade.

wow that was really cool, but i didnt think it was possible.

Comment

What to say?! This is just truly amazing....

Comment

speechless.......

Comment

...Wow...That...wow...Seriously...That was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen...ever.

Comment

The best thing in this little movie is the sound and music, they try and make it so overly dramatic, it's hilarious. You gotta see the machine gun one though when the blade takes like 6 bullets before finally shattering, they play it in slow mo and with this seriously dramatic music, they make it out to be a titanic struggle.

Comment

That's amazing! The only bad thing would be that instead of having one piece of metal coming at you there are now two of them

Comment

Hill billeys

LOL... I also loved the american guys!! I mean come on where the heck did they get that gun???

Comment

What kind of bullet they used would make a big difference. In the slo-mo the bullet looks grey, which would indicate unjacketed lead (usually the softest type of projectile, a lot of bullets of this type you can gouge with your car key). If you laid one on a log you could probably split it with an axe, so this might not really be as impressive at it seems at first sight. Standard handgun ammunition is jacketed lead. I'm guessing the armor piercing stuff like cops sometimes use so they can shoot people through cars and such would have had a different effect on the sword.

Comment

But... but... WHY!!! Why would you do that to a perfectly good nihonto! My eyes! My eyes!! AHHHH...!!!

Comment

Nothing really amazing...I've seen 'em do the same thing with the SOG Seal 2000 dagger. Think about it...lead is soft, you can cut lead with a kitchen knife...the force of the bullet hitting the blade dead center would shear it in half.

Comment

toribia no izumi rules

the kendo vs fencing is from the same TV program

Comment

you aint seen nothing yet, har har harrrrr

http://neo.usethesource.org/~devourment77/mgun.wmv

save link as...
                          this one also got nice slo-mo
                          Last edited by Darth Neighbour; 11th May 2005, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Damn, thats all i got to say.

Comment

shit.. I almost pee on my pants..

Comment

Working...
                              X