Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howl's Moving Castle

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Howl's Moving Castle

    Not kendo, but from Japan.

    Everyone should go see Howl's Moving Castle. Great Movie. Hayao Miyazaki has out done himself again.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Akai Bushi
    Not kendo, but from Japan.

    Everyone should go see Howl's Moving Castle. Great Movie. Hayao Miyazaki has out done himself again.
    I have to agree with you Akai Bushi-San

    This is an amazing Anime... absolutely brilliant !!!

    cheers

    Comment


    • #3
      i was debating seeing it. could any of you give me some idea as to what its about?

      Comment


      • #4
        It's originally a children's book by Diana Wynne Jones. Very tongue-in-cheek about a girl who becomes transformed into an old woman by a curse. She goes and works in an enchanter's castle, hoping that she can find a way to turn back. The enchanter's a bit of a ladies' man, but not all is as it seems

        Comment


        • #5
          I wasn't really sure if I wanted to see it.

          Thanks for the post, this has sealed it for me. I will go and see it.

          Comment


          • #6
            As for the movie, I wasn't really impressed by it. It was good, I would give it a 7/10. My bloody bf slept through the movie and he was the one who dragged me to see it. The moment he heard it was dubbed, he wanted to get out. But I wanted to watch, and then I think the dubbing did ruin quite a bit of Miyazaki experience for me.

            Besides that, Christian Bale did the voice for Howl, lol It was pretty weird

            Comment


            • #7
              I plan on seeing it on Thursday night sometime after work. I hope that the movie is good! LOL!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mugu
                As for the movie, I wasn't really impressed by it. It was good, I would give it a 7/10. My bloody bf slept through the movie and he was the one who dragged me to see it. The moment he heard it was dubbed, he wanted to get out. But I wanted to watch, and then I think the dubbing did ruin quite a bit of Miyazaki experience for me.

                Besides that, Christian Bale did the voice for Howl, lol It was pretty weird
                Ehhhh. I think that from now on all male characters regardless of age and speech impediments should be voiced by someone with a cool voice...like...what...James Earl Jones! Or Sean Connery. Damn good actors.

                Comment


                • #9
                  great

                  seems great! I think i'm going to buy it.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Going to see it this Sunday. Can`t wait, judging from the replies, it sounds great. I'll give my verdict after I see it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I definitely recommend seeing the movie, initially I was somewhat skeptical about it but I was glad to watch it. I think it is actually one of my favourite Miyazaki movies. I also thought they did a decent job of dubbing the movie, which is somewhat rare as far as anime is concerned.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Howl no Ugoku Shiro was released here in March, and I don't really remember what thats about now... Nothing too impressive for me to recall.

                        I think the plot isn't all that great ("all you need is love"..???)
                        Too much Tenku no Shiro Laputa references, not an improvement, but more like cut-n-paste.
                        ...And the villain got her punishment too early on (shifting focus at that point is not a good idea).
                        The reason behind "the war" is closer to non-existance, and this is supposed to be an anti-war movie..? (If this is the case people should be watching Hotaru no haka/ Grave of Fireflies?)

                        While I still enjoy Miyazaki's visual interpretation of the West (mainly European street scenes and villiage life), the story isn't doing any good...

                        Sorry but thats my opinion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mingshi
                          The reason behind "the war" is closer to non-existance, and this is supposed to be an anti-war movie..? (If this is the case people should be watching Hotaru no haka/ Grave of Fireflies?)
                          I don't think it's supposed to be an anti-war movie, surely it was one of the themes but the movie was more about character development and interactions.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Saw the film last week,and thought it was awesome. Try not to take it too seriously people. Should be watched on the big screen for the full effect.
                            Enjoy.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X