X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie: When the Last Sword Is Drawn

Really great Samurai movie, made in 2003. Nothing heroric about being Shinsengumi Samurai but try to protect his family from poor. Very humane story about this samurai.. Definietely worth to own but hard to find DVD...

Originally posted by rainmaker
    Really great Samurai movie, made in 2003. Nothing heroric about being Shinsengumi Samurai but try to protect his family from poor. Very humane story about this samurai.. Definietely worth to own but hard to find DVD...

The scene where he 'bargains' for more money for his 'chipped' blade is classic.

Comment

Yep, this has got to be my favourite samurai movie so far.

Comment

This movie is indeed good, but I'm going to have to say the Mibugishiden series is better. Ken Watanabe plays the role flawlessly...yeah...that was one hell of a series.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjin-san
          Yep, this has got to be my favourite samurai movie so far.
          Yes...and I loved how Saito is left handed and fights as such...tho' no matter how many times I tell Sensei this he refuses to let me fight left handed...haahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
            Yes...and I loved how Saito is left handed and fights as such...tho' no matter how many times I tell Sensei this he refuses to let me fight left handed...haahahaha
            Yeah that really suprised me. In every other depiction of Saito I've seen he's always been right handed...That and most of the time he didn't look anything like the real pictures of Saito...

Comment

Mibigishiden, is this same as "Year one in the North" ?

Originally posted by Andou
              This movie is indeed good, but I'm going to have to say the Mibugishiden series is better. Ken Watanabe plays the role flawlessly...yeah...that was one hell of a series.

Comment

Please don't bother. I found it....

Mibigishiden, is this same as "Year one in the North" ?

Comment

Please don't bother. I found it....

Yeah...I'm thinking of ordering this from cdjapan's shop...unfortunately its got no subtitles...arrrgh...ah, well...I guess I can still watch it with my limited japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
                    Yeah...I'm thinking of ordering this from cdjapan's shop...unfortunately its got no subtitles...arrrgh...ah, well...I guess I can still watch it with my limited japanese.
                    Yeah--subtitles would be bitchin, but that never happens...But if you have money to spend I highly recommend watching this. Saito is played by Takenaka Naoto...who, if you've seen the Japanese version of Shall We Dance, is the main character's boss who wears the wig...He also is remarkable in this.

Comment

Watched it a while ago- borrowed from my sensei who recommended it. Great movie; I have to admit some parts nearly made me cry- when Yoshimura dies

Comment

Uhhh....spoiler?!

Comment

ok, where do i find these hard to find movies?

Comment

Well, you didn't hear it from me, but...

http://www.superhappyfun.com

Oh wait - you did hear it from me. Never mind...

Comment

THanks soooo much! THat is an absolute treasure trove!

Comment

Working...
                              X