X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo Bot Pic

Dont know if you've seen this particular image, just thought it looked curious.

http://www.aceuplink.com/discussion/...showtopic=4133

Kendo bot in action:

http://www.kendo-mainz.de/download/k...t/kendobot.asx

Comment

".. the Manufacturing & Mechatronics Lab of Seoul National University led by Prof. Young-Bong Bang (best name ever, dude) has officially unleashed the MUSA, a third-dan Kendo (Japanese-style swordfighting) fighting robot ... "

3rd dan fighting robot? finally we know gibbo's dark secret :P

Comment

I was so ready for a joke or goofy clip, but that is really pretty cool.

Comment

what vid format is that? can't play it through my browser

Comment

Wow! That is absolutely amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by ReKru
              3rd dan fighting robot? finally we know gibbo's dark secret :P
              You pathetic humans will die! Exterminate! Victory for the machines!

I'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by The great I AM
                You pathetic humans will die! Exterminate! Victory for the machines!

I'll be back.
                My army of hachi-kyu clones, that I just ordered, will stop you.

On a more serious sidenote, that thing looks like a nice, mobile training dummy. Probably too expensive for anyone but bill gates. That it is supposed to have sandan level sounds more like a PR gimmick.

Comment

That is an awesome video.

Comment

ASX is a Windows Media Player format...I don't know what other players handle it (probably some of the GPL players in *NIX or similar).

Comment

Impresive video, wonder how durable the thing is (even with armor on)

The only thing that could improve on this is an android voice yelling "Damn I'm Smooth!" after each kote-Men

Damn, I am Smooth...

Comment

lol, that would be pretty funny, but he would have to say it in a smooth voice, not some cheap robot voice.

Anyway, did you see when they were free sparring, the kendo bots opponent coulndnt have been above 6th kyu cuz he sucked ass. Did you see him when he went for muri. He didnt even have correct footwork, which made him slow as hell, and it looked like he still got the hit. So i doubt the robot could stand a chance againt a good kendoka.

Ahmed.

Comment

It does have an impressive arm speed, must be some very nicely engineered servo-motors with accurate encoders to acheive that sort of accuracy. It doesn't take steps but uses wheels to move which will allow a good kendoka to kick it's ass.

A pretty impressive bit of engineering, but I don't think it will ever be as good as kendo against a human opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by ReKru
                            OH MY GOD! I'M SO SCARED!

really, that freaked me out...

Comment

All your base are belong to us. Set us the bomb!

-C

Comment

Working...
                              X