• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWKF Tai Kai 2005 Pics

Hey guys,

I only shot a few pics, so share yours with us

http://kendo-dojo.org/mis/MWKF/

I'll post a link as soon as I get them on my computer.

Comment

As promised... here they are. There aren't many (the others are really blurry), but some if better than none.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v484/B...%20Tai%20Kai/?

Next year, I will make sure to get some pictures of shiai.
      Last edited by SkippyDaStudent; 12th November 2005, 11:41 AM.

Comment

wow, those are some nice pictures, now i really wish i could have made it. My sempai says i should test for kyu placement in Feb.

Comment

Grrrr. I was such an idiot and left my camera at the hotel both days!! My sensei had a video camera but for some reason it didn't want to work. Oh well, maybe next year.

Comment

Hello,

These are some of the U-M and EMU pics. They'll only be up for a few weeks though before we choose a couple to put on both of our websites...

enjoy,

http://www.umich.edu/~jengling/kendo/

Comment

Great pics enkorat!

Comment

Great pics enkorat! In those first few pics titled "Debrul vs Chin", I'm Chin . Makes me really bummed that I forgot to have my camera on hand. One of those pics, no. 13 I think, looks like I'm tsuki-ing him. It actually was a very poor men that I tried to do from too far and ended up running into him. I should have gotten hansoku but then he grabbed my shinai so the shimpan stopped us and gave him hansoku. Jeez I look sloppy in those pics .

Comment

oh hey! You're that Chin, from Carleton college! I was sitting next to you at the board meeting on Friday. I had no idea you were fighting Perry, couldn't recognize you in bogu...Don't worry about looking sloppy, since Perry is one of my clubmates I had to choose the pictures where he looks good... I can take a look to see if I have any of you that look good too if you'd like.

Comment

So who is the lady doing Kyudo? And where did she learn? I like in NY but I don't know of any place that teaches near by though I am dying to learn. I used to shoot recurve competitively and I would really like to learn this style.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChessQueen
                      So who is the lady doing Kyudo? And where did she learn? I like in NY but I don't know of any place that teaches near by though I am dying to learn. I used to shoot recurve competitively and I would really like to learn this style.
                      Her name is Carly Born, she also teaches Naginata at Carelton Naginata Club. She's 5th dan in Kyudo and her husband John (4th dan Kyudo) also teaches Kendo at Carelton College in Minnesota They said I can join them with Kyudo next year

Comment

http://orgs.carleton.edu/naginata-ke...inatakendo.htm

That's their website.

Comment

Hey, Kyudo is being performed there. Nifty. You don't see a lot of that around.

Comment

Originally posted by enkorat
                            oh hey! You're that Chin, from Carleton college! I was sitting next to you at the board meeting on Friday. I had no idea you were fighting Perry, couldn't recognize you in bogu...Don't worry about looking sloppy, since Perry is one of my clubmates I had to choose the pictures where he looks good... I can take a look to see if I have any of you that look good too if you'd like.
                            Oh yeah!! I remember you! Yeah, if you've got any more pics of that match I'd really appreciate it if you could send them to me. PM me and I'll send you me email.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChessQueen
                              Mugu already replied but I thought I'd chip in. Carly teaches naginata in addition to kyudo over here at Carleton College (Northfield, MN) and she and John founded the Minnesota Kyudo Kai. Carly started learning when she and John lived in Japan and has since attained the rank of godan and John has attained the rank of yondan. I can ask them if there are any kyudo dojo's in the NY area but kyudo is really rare in the states so don't be too disappointed if it turns out there aren't any in your area.

Comment

Working...
                              X