X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching English, and Kendo scheduling

If work ends up at night, which seems to be the "for-profit" school schedule, can I practice kendo in the morning? Or, are there classes after 9 pm? Do they japanese stay up as late as the spanish?

I did Kendo on my weekends. It was only two days a week, but at least I got to do it. I found other arts and practiced at those dojos as well, such as kyudo, that practice in the morning during the week. Hunt around. You are bound to find something that will fit your schedule.

Comment

Thanks. I hope to go to a specific dojo. I may need to ride shinkansen to get there, though. I guess ou don't really pick the location you live and work.

Comment

Know that you can find skilled sensei in all corners of Japan and not just in famous or well known dojo. You may even find you sensei in a local elementary school kendo club and recieve some of the best teaching you will ever find. Don't get hung up on location or credentials.

Comment

Police dojos often have asageiko open to the public from 6 or 7 am.

Comment

Most dojo I know of have at least one early morning practice every week. The trick is finding a dojo convenient to you.
            Any idea where you plan to be?

Comment

No idea where I'll be- I'd ike Nagoya where I have a friend, or tokyo close to my friend here's dojo. It's koryu, but they do kendo, too.

Comment

you"ll have no problem then.

Comment

I'm sure I could join my friend's dojo, but i'd be bummed to not have a schedule to practice with.

Comment

Ask your students where and when they practice. Since they are usually in jyuku all night when you are going to be working, then they are in the same bind you are. Sooo... if they are doing kendo, then they must be doing it at sometime that will fit your schedule too.

Comment

Good point

Comment

Working...
                      X