X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo dojos in Fukushima

Does anyone here know of any dojos in the Fukushima area? I will be going to Japan for 2 weeks between December 21 and January 3 and I'd like to find a place to train at least once while I'm there. And what's the best way that I can get in contact with the people over there to ask about training during my vacation? Also, what about any Kendo stores that might be in the area?

I would ask about Tokyo since I will be there for a few days, but the size of the city and lack of knowledge of location could be a hinderance of finding one (plans should come throughout the semester though...I hope).

By Fukushima area do you mean Fukushima city?

Comment

From what I was told, yes. But I'm also willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Comment

GOtcha... If I'm not too hung over tomorrow I'll get back to you on this.

Comment

Fukushima-ken kendo renmei : http://www.fukushima-pref.com/user/kendo/

Comment

Thanksl. Now to use my Japanese knowledge to check the site out.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime12478 View Post
              Thanksl. Now to use my Japanese knowledge to check the site out.
              I didnt properly look at the site until now.... its crap!!! Not much info on there (as you may have gathered).

Fukushima.... why in the world are you going there anyway?!?!?!? Stop en-route in Ibaraki and you will be in one of the strongest kendo regions in Japan. Forget Kanto, Kansai is where the real men train.

I will ask a sempai of mine does he know anyone there (good chance) and maybe - if you are nice - Viking-boy will fire the renmei an email.

p.s. here is a couple of dojos I found, but they are not in the city... and I dont know Fukushima, so god knows where they are: Kyoubukan and Tomioka-Shonen-Kendo-Kai (both take adults)
              Last edited by Kenshi; 5th August 2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I was actually planning on going to Fukushima this summer but ended up in Okinawa instead (cheaper tickets!). The purpose of my journey was to visit an excellent old dojo that was featured on a television show about the Matsudaira clan. When I dig out the tape I will get back to you on this. Hopefully it's accessable and not out in the middle of nowhere.
                the motto of the place was ならんことはならん thought that was pretty ace!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm going to Fukushima because a friend of mine is staying there. The trip may be months in the future, but I just want to make sure I get things right without compromising the time with friends. We're also going to be Tokyo for a few days, but I don't know exactly where we will be. I could, however, make sure I travel to Noma dojo, wherever it will be by time I get there.

Comment

Update: Based off of the plans that have been made for the trip, I will have time to at least practice in Aizu-Wakamatsu at the castle. Right now, I'm not too sure what I need to do to get in contact with the members of the dojo (or any Japanese dojo for that matter) to ask for permission to practice with them.

Comment

I hope these can help you:
                      http://hinata.biz/kyoubukan/index-e.html
                      http://homepage3.nifty.com/tomioka-syonen-kendo/

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X