Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo - Championships and/or special trainings in October 2008

Hi Friends!

First of all, forgive my English. I'm afraid it isn't good enough.

We are planning a trip to Japan next october-november. We'll be in Tokyo and Im searching for any champ, special training, university or college champ, big or small,etc. that will be held in the zone to assist as viewer.

Its difficult for a non-japanese to find information about this events except the All Japan and similar.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Itto_Okami; 15th January 2008, 10:00 PM.

I think there is a big taikai in November, but that may only be for iaido.. I suggest you try the official homepage for the ZNKR and see if they have a calendar from last year, and possibly if they go as far as when you intend to go over there!

Comment

November 3rd, Nippon Budokan. All-Japan Kendo Taikai. Enough for ya?

Comment

The police one should be around that time, shouldn't it? Maybe the womens championships.

Why not try to contact someone in the ZNKR and ask if you can set something up? You might be able to have your own training camp with someone.

Comment

According to ZNKR site, history of police champs say it should be around Oct. 15, but not listed for this year til now. Ladies' tournament is scheduled for Sep 7th, in Fujieda City, Shizuoka prefecture.

Google translate this page, should help.

Comment

In October, there are:
            • The 19th All Japan 7th Dan Championships (end of Oct)
            • The 56th All Japan University Team Championships (end of Oct, Tokyo)
            The above two events were held on the same date (28-Oct) at different places last year.

Comment

Thank you very much!

It would be a shame not to go to the All Japan Championship. Surely we'll go and also try the University Champ or even the Police Champ!

I'll notice to our senpai about setting up a "selfcamp". Thank you Kagerou

Gambatte!

Comment

Originally posted by Itto_Okami View Post

It would be a shame not to go to the All Japan Championship. Surely we'll go and also try the University Champ or even the Police Champ!
                The All Japan Police Individuals Championships is usually scheduled to be the 2nd Friday of October every year at the Nippon Budokan in Tokyo. So you may be able to catch the actions of it.

Comment

Working...
                X