Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, weve already got some hook-ups going on, so thats good.

Second off, I dont want to hear "if its at x then im in" ... the idea is to find people who want to contribute to making kendo in Japan for the foreign population better. People in Tokyo that wont come to Osaka are lame, and vice versa. Lets get people interested first and work out a location after that. The fact is that we will have to go where we can logically host it (dojo, shinpan, booze, crash sites, etc). We want to make this an event people are willing to travel too.

Third, non-kendo people like Josh and Alex are more than welcome. We can find a job for you (aka the "fold my hakama b@tch" situation).

Fourth, it only becomes a KW-event if the KW team decide to take part. Otherwise, we name it something else (look at my website). Personally, I would be pretty dissapointed if the KW people didnt step forward.

Fifth, Im not sure exactly how many beers ive had tonight, but the fact that im typing coherently means that even if I lose the battle, the war can still be mine.

Comment

If I'm in Japan by then, can I come along?

Comment

Originally posted by Oroshi View Post
        If I'm in Japan by then, can I come along?
        If your mum says ok, then its ok with me.

Comment

Yeah I would be interested as well!!! Just gotta know in advance though 1 so as I can borrow bogu ie don`t have any my self. Just bumming it from school! 2 I have a pretty hectic schedule w/ friends etc so just need to work in the time frame! But otherwise yeah count me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshi View Post
            If your mum says ok, then its ok with me.
            must spread rep....NICE SHOT!!! (sorry Richard)

.....even better considering you were probably falling down drunk at the time.

Next question:

Can we do rythmic kendo?

vanish!

Comment

I only had 2 beers at the 回転寿司 place last night, so I wasnt too drunk. I was going to have more but the drunk old guys sitting next to me started giving me the "where you from? America?" chat, so my sempai and I left early.

Just bought an imac this morning and am having problems typing....

Only Belgians are allowed to do rythmic kendo.

Comment

I might be up for it but my schedule borders on insane.

Comment

....Only Belgians are allowed to do rythmic kendo.
                  + they have to use Naginata
                  Music - of course: Eye of the Tiger or anything by Celine Dion or Bryan Adams

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    ...Eye of the Tiger or anything by Celine Dion or Bryan Adams
                    An honest mistake.... I was forgetting the Theme from Poirot

Comment

So James, you are coming down from Sendai for the event then? Good stuff......

Comment

omotesando gathering

since there seem to be some people interested:

omotesando gathering

thursday the 5th or 12th of june
                        (I go there more or less every practice so any other date is also ok)

meet at omotesando crossing, in front of the koban at 19.10

the practice is from 19.30-21.00 with kihon and jigeiko

/martin

Comment

Originally posted by miloha View Post
                          since there seem to be some people interested:

omotesando gathering

thursday the 5th or 12th of june
                          (I go there more or less every practice so any other date is also ok)

meet at omotesando crossing, in front of the koban at 19.10

the practice is from 19.30-21.00 with kihon and jigeiko

/martin
                          Hmmm, you would do it on a weekday....I'll try, but getting my armour on to the train in the morning is more often than not an exercise in futility. It's why I don't go to another club that I love anywhere near as often as I used to. I live in Mizonokuchi, on the Den En Toshi line, which I'm sure you know is just dumb in the morning. I could get up really early on Thursday and catch a silly train, and hope that it doesn't get busy. If you can get a couple more then I'll give this a try....

OI WATKINSON!!

Comment

Originally posted by The great I AM View Post
                            Hmmm, you would do it on a weekday....I'll try, but getting my armour on to the train in the morning is more often than not an exercise in futility. It's why I don't go to another club that I love anywhere near as often as I used to. I live in Mizonokuchi, on the Den En Toshi line, which I'm sure you know is just dumb in the morning. I could get up really early on Thursday and catch a silly train, and hope that it doesn't get busy. If you can get a couple more then I'll give this a try....

OI WATKINSON!!
                            I also live on the den en toshi line (ikejiri ohashi), its silly on weekday mornings.
                            Just thought that since people seem to be in the area on weekdays it might be a better option. Any weekend would be ok as well. on saturdays and sundays the practice is 18.30-20.00.

Comment

So James, you are coming down from Sendai for the event then? Good stuff......
                              missing the dirt and crush of the Big City...

Comment

Originally posted by miloha View Post
                                I also live on the den en toshi line (ikejiri ohashi), its silly on weekday mornings.
                                Just thought that since people seem to be in the area on weekdays it might be a better option. Any weekend would be ok as well. on saturdays and sundays the practice is 18.30-20.00.
                                Heh, King doesn't do weekends....I'll have a chat with him tonight (if the lazy git goes to keiko....) and see what he says, but in any case, a bit of a bash is always nice....

Comment

Working...
                                X