X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiai -- for those in Japan.

I could write a lot on this subject, but instead I will keep it sweet and short:

Any of the ex-pat kendo community living in Japan up for a weekend of kendo which would include a shiai?

At the moment we have: kenshi (Osaka-fu), thegreatiam (Kanagawa-ken), kagerou (Kanagawa-ken), xvikingx (Hyogo-ken).

Then there is Kent (Miyagi-ken), james (Miyagi-ken), iikangae (Shiga-ken), 758jo (Mie-ken), Kingofmyrrh (Tokyo-to), Nokori 3byo (Nagano-ken), Josh Reyer (Mie-ken), ookami7 (Kanagawa-ken), alwayslearning (Tokyo-to), Frederic Simon (Tokyo-to) etc etc, and probably a bunch of other kwf lurkers out there. I want to add zealuk (Satsuma-han), but I suspect he doesnt actually do kendo. Of-course, members of the KW team would be cool too. Make a good article even.

I can think of 3-4 non kwf people of the top of my head that would certainly join in, including a Kyoto-fu representative.

At any rate, if you are interested then post below. If we get enough interest we can expand on it from there.

Originally posted by Kenshi View Post
    I know for a fact that it isnt you!

New thread started to discuss.
    Despite Dead Dog’s boorish comment I’m in. If this were done locally (by which I mean Kansai) I could probably get some people to help shinpan.
    Unfortunately I suspect this end with a lot (or a little!) talk.

Comment

kenshi,
      If you guys get this set-up, count me in.

Comment

Hey All...Actually, I'm from Nagoya. I'd love to participate! Recently, I was thinking of posting a similar topic but I didn't know if anyone would be interested. Count me in all the way!

Comment

Good start!!

Its possible that it will all end up as chat..... but if all this chat does nothing more than get us speaking to each other then we are already on the right path.

758jo >> you are free to come over here any weekend anyway... I can sort you out with a floor and keiko. Beer is optional (but preferred).

Comment

I think the only seriously problem we will run into with this thing is deciding on a location. Of course everyone here is going to want it to be close to where ever they live. So what we all need to do is state how far we are willing to travel for such an event. I would be willing to travel as far as Tokyo. Anything west of Hyougo is out of the question.
            My vote is for Kansai for two reasons: 1) obviously because I wouldn't have to travel far; selfish but true 2) Kenshi and I have the resources to do this and will see it through if we can get people to come out here.

Comment

Lets leave the location stuff for later... lets see if we have the interest first, then look at it from there.

Comment

Hi, if my schedule allows it count me in, maybe I could bring another fellow swede as well.
                Im located in tokyo.

/martin

Comment

You better not be 7ft tall or something!!

Nice to meet you btw

Comment

Miloha,
                    Nice to meet another Tokyo kendoka on here.

Comment

I'm actually in Nagoya. I'm certainly up for a meet-up, but I'm just Yagyu Shinkage-ryu scrubeeny whose sole experience in modern kendo is two weeks about 10 years ago.

Comment

nice to meet you to.
                        If youre (or anyone else) is up in tokyo sometime, please drop by our dojo in omotesando for a keiko and some beers.

/martin

Comment

Sorry... both Aichi-ken guys I put down as Mie-ken... apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshi View Post
                            Sorry... both Aichi-ken guys I put down as Mie-ken... apologies.
                            None-the-less...go team Aichi!!...do either of you guys train/live near meito-ku? Or do you know of any kendojo in that area that would put up with me when I visit at times? PM me please if you do?

Comment

Originally posted by miloha View Post
                              nice to meet you to.
                              If youre (or anyone else) is up in tokyo sometime, please drop by our dojo in omotesando for a keiko and some beers.

/martin
                              Where abouts is your dojo? I am in Omotesando a couple of times a week on "recon" missions and I don't think I have ever seen a dojo there. Or are you referring to the dojo inside Meiji Jingu? I hope you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X