Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yagyuu Gal, do you mean the Koban station? If positive, I guess I'll try them before the prefecture. Much closer to my place

Comment

Originally posted by Malkie_Nek View Post
      Miwa (where I live - a quick google search told me I live here: http://yubin.senmon.net/en/4901222.html), Jimokuji or Sukaguchi, what's pretty close to me.
      You (or your friend) could try contacting the Owari Kendo Renmei: http://www.owarikenren.org/

It's part of the Aichi-ken Kendo Renmei, and lists Miwa and Jimokuji amongst the areas it covers. I imagine they probably have a list of local dojo.

Comment

Have you asked about the kendo club at your school, or are you just assuming it's just for the students? Because the kendo dojo I very briefly trained in was connected to an elementary school, while a friend of mine who worked for a junior high school was gladly accepted into his school's kendo club. Kendo clubs like warm bodies -- the more the merrier

Comment

Josh,
          Actually, I'm assuming it. Their dojo isn't connected to the school, but, actually, is inside the school (it's on one of the floors of the school, and you can see they practice kendo because of the large windows on the floor).
          And, beside living near the school, I have no other connections with them (don't study nor work there).
          Do you still think I should try asking them? Because then, again, I guess I'll have to ask someone to go there with me :P (man, it's really depressing to depend so much of tsuyaku here).

Comment

Josh,
            Actually, I'm assuming it. Their dojo isn't connected to the school, but, actually, is inside the school (it's on one of the floors of the school, and you can see they practice kendo because of the large windows on the floor).
            And, beside living near the school, I have no other connections with them (don't study nor work there).
            Do you still think I should try asking them? Because then, again, I guess I'll have to ask someone to go there with me :P (man, it's really depressing to depend so much of tsuyaku here).
            Yes, by all means. The absolute worst thing that can happen is that your current situation won't change.

What kind of school is it? University? High school? Primary school? If it's the first two, you might be out of luck, but if it's the last you'll probably be free to join.

Comment

It's not an university, for sure. But, wouldn't I be kind of... big?... to practice with primary school students? :P

Comment

It's not an university, for sure. But, wouldn't I be kind of... big?... to practice with primary school students? :P
                You do suburi and stretches with the kids, and when you get better you can be a nice motodachi for them. The people you'd practice with for your training would of course be the sensei and other adults in the class (mostly parents and a few independents such as yourself). Probably some fifth or sixth graders, too; they can get pretty big.

At the dojo I practiced at (for only a few weeks), there was kids' time, wherein beginner adults worked on their basics. After the kids went home, though, that's when the hard, scary practice with the intermediate and advanced adults began.

Comment

I guess I still can be a motodachi :P
                  Well, it seems to be another option. I didn't know it was possible to one (not student, not employee) to join a school kendo club, then I thought there would only be students training...

Comment

Working...
                  X