X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucky, all japan senshu at training

I was at my regular once a week training last night when I noticed a new face.
    Norimoto senshu. He` 30 or turning 30 this year, 5dan and has made the all japans
    for the last 5 years in a row. I think he made the best 8 most of those times if not all of them.
    He is a Doctor so he is not a pro like the keishicho. So to achieve that level is simple amazing.

The lucky part, He has just been transfered to our local hospital and should become a regular here.
    Where I live is kinda rural and doesnt have a large kendo population. There was one 8dan at training last night so he had a
    bit of a line (4poeple) I was watching Norimoto who had no one waiting for him and asked for some keiko.
    Holy shit.

he gave me a generous 10 mins or so. I was quite relaxed and was able to do well at times. a few kote a few tsuki followed up
    by returned tsuki with force. Then at times I found myself in new situations where I was completly lost and didnt know what to do
    and robotic kendo came out, attacking at times that was not my natural timing. I guess any of the times I did strike him were well
    disguised give me`s. he is fast, as you`d expect. it was the single most fun I`ve had at training for a long time.

I`d met him a few times at the uni. here but never got to have a keiko with him, he remember me and after we talked
    and he explained some things I should avoid and some things I should try. This went on for about 10 mins. to.

very sore today. stress and excertion of muscles I dont use enough. next week cant come fast enough.

Wow and Great, lucky, lucky: what's the saying, "All things come to he who waits." Guess it was your time.

Comment

That sounds awesome! What area of Japan are you in? Currently residing in Beppu-shi.

Comment

wow that's awesome. I remember watching out for him at the All Japans 2 years ago, because he was the only one who wasn't a policeman/teacher/student, and he was good to watch, hope he can become one of your regulars

Comment

Originally posted by nsylver View Post
          That sounds awesome! What area of Japan are you in? Currently residing in Beppu-shi.

Originally posted by nsylver View Post
          Tottori city Tottori prefecture, It has the honour of being the least populated prefecture in the country.
          famous for its big sand dune. When you see big desert scenes in Japanese movies it was likely filmed here.

Originally posted by Alicia View Post
          wow that's awesome. I remember watching out for him at the All Japans 2 years ago, because he was the only one who wasn't a policeman/teacher/student, and he was good to watch, hope he can become one of your regulars
          We also have a shit hot 8dan thats a high school teacher, sadly he doesnt show up that much.

Comment

Working...
          X