Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBU OB OG

Hi All

First time here but I have been reading the forum from time to time. I was in the special program at IBU in 1995, feels like an eternity ago, reading some stories of IBU definitely brought back some fine memory. I have not practiced much kendo for a long time (married, kids etc) but it is in my to do list. Is there a web site for IBU OB/OG anywhere ?

daisenpai desune
    hahaha

I heard that at your time Budai was scary. How so?

Is it true that they used to use both dojo for training? The Smaller one for the better member (member of teh team etc) and the bigger one for the rest.

I guess Teramoto was student there when you were bekkasei uh?
    Last edited by kendokamax; 9th October 2004, 10:39 AM.

Comment

It was not scary at the time, scary drinking in the weekends maybe. The endless flow of ulong hai in room 202 till the crack of dawn could made anyone nervous !! Dont' know if they have cracked it down now.

Sepertaion was between boys and girls, practice was at the big dojo for boys, gym 7 was for girls, probably still is. Team members had separate training session in the daikai season. For me the first time doing 40 minute of nearly non stop kakari keiko was overwhelming, I was wondering what did I get myself into but soon got used to it.

Not sure which Teramoto you are talking about, there were a few at the time and I do not have any contact with Budai after I left.

It was a good experience at Budai althought they could make this program a lot better. There was not enough Japanese language class and not enough kendo class with the big boys. It was not the intense training that I hoped for, but it was good time nevertheless.

Keep it up !!

Comment

well now the practice is with everyone at the same time actually. Even when they would have taikai , everyone would practice together. Just at the end of the keiko they would have a small kihon waza practice for the team members, while everyone in the back is watching and screaming.

Teramoto was part of team Japan last world championship. he is now in oosaka police and is like 28-29 years old, so he would have been a student at the same time you were there.

I was in room 204

oh and also there is no more asageiko ! the parents and the teacher complained that grades were too low( because student wouldnt study anymore) so they don't practice during morning anymore,, too bad I would have liked to have morning training ..

Comment

man.. 204 was my room !! 202 was the party room. What year were you in ?Budai students don't study antway, with or without asakeiko, and they all get As, go figure.

Comment

haha I actually saw that dorm it looks like an assylum!
            iluv4 were you there at the same time as Eddie Yamashita?

Comment

I was there last year!

I thought the dorm was very nice, except for the front office

ya most classes at that university were a joke for the students, as long as you don't skip too many classes it's A.

Comment

Ah yes, the Low Security Cell Block Bekka.

Its not that bad....theres a gym nearby, lots of books, and they let us out for walks for 2 hours a day.

They say that training quality went down the hill after Budai won the all japans, and to be honest i was expecting harder stuff....

There is a plan here to contact as many past-bekka seis and ask them to write a paragraph about their stay at budai and how they would change it to make it better, are you guys interested in doing that ?

Got 163 days to go and counting.

Dan out

Comment

budai never won all japan

they won kanto- 2 years ago. last year they got to best 8 (all japan).

but I surely hope they win this year! go mizuno, tamura, sasaki, ando-, everyone!
                  Last edited by kendokamax; 11th October 2004, 02:10 AM.

Comment

I was in the second year of the program, the first year were all Judo guys that made us the first 4 kendo bekkasei. The curfew was a joke even then, and we never had problem getting back afterhours, question was finding somewhere to go. I guess we broke every house rule two weeks after moving in but we never made a mess, not so with the Judo guys downstairs.

Budai beign a sport univeristy I would hope they could do better in shiai, not to lose out to some geek universities but they do sometimes. I sure hope they can win this year.

I do not know Eddie, Komoto was same year as me (where are you mike ?) It has been a while since I left and I am not sure whether any changes were made to the program to make it better, but i will be interest to write something about my experience, if my memory still serves me.

Comment

to make bekka program better = Fire Fujita
                      Fire Fujita, Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita!!!

Mister Fujita wasnt there during your time iluv4, he is part of the International office.

Comment

Originally posted by kendokamax
                        to make bekka program better = Fire Fujita
                        Fire Fujita, Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita,Fire Fujita!!!

Mister Fujita wasnt there during your time iluv4, he is part of the International office.
                        LOL, thats a good start....

Micheal Komoto is working at the orthopedic clinic down here in Katsuura.
                        Right now he is away to Russia to coach their national team for a few weeks.
                        I suppose that Alex Bennett and Mr. Harwood were there too ?

Comment

I'm sending my application to IBU this afternoon. So within two months I should know. Don't know what scares me the most not getting accepted or getting accepted. If thingts goes well both me and my cousin will be students of IBU this time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernKendoka
                            I'm sending my application to IBU this afternoon. So within two months I should know. Don't know what scares me the most not getting accepted or getting accepted. If thingts goes well both me and my cousin will be students of IBU this time next year.
                            dont worry its a great experience!

Comment

To: iluv4

Jay,

How could you forget! We were in 302.

By the way, what about our classmates, B-B Ku-ri-su? "The Kid" I know to have quit kendo almost immeidately after the IBU experience, and Mr. T was doing Chinese medicine and has never looked back on kendo after IBU.

M

Comment

Working...
                              X