X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gonzo Nakayui View Post
    Being drunk shows a positive spirit, being drunk is ok, being drunk is good, but being stupid is bad, so refrain from starting fights or breaking other peoples property. Although its a great way of stress relief, never purposely break any koryokaikan things. The trouble it would get you in totally outweighs the fun. When drunk at home dont pee in the shoes or against the int. off. door and watch out for the glass doors near the shoeboxes, I almost broke my nose on one of them. Drinking and kendo in Japan are one. Many high ranking Japanese sensei might be considered AA-clients in the countries where you come from, but in Japan they have the status of half-gods, and why not? We mainly consist of fluids, so drinking is healthy. Drinking makes your kendo more supple and playing kendo with a hangover is an important skill which must be mastered as soon as possible. You might be surprised by unexpected parties in the middle of the week, but last nights party is no excuse for skipping practice today. In Japan renshu never stops.
    What if you don't like to drink (I can't stand the taste of alchole...if I drink anything at all it's got to be so incredbily sweet as to not taste it) and what if you dont like the feeling of being drunk, and you really shouldn't drink due to medical reasons anyway? (not due to alcholism, but other medical reasons!)

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about this in the U.S. In a culture like Japan (where drinking seems more common) then what?

Tecnhigues I have tried: (in the U.S.) Don't drink (medical reason; lack of money, saying I dont like the taste); get a drink and sip it slowly, hoping that nobody will notice that in reality, I haven't even drank a shot class's worth in two or three hours; suck it up and drink even though i hate doing so.

I feel so wierd, doesn't anyone else in the world NOT like drinking? I've met people who don't like chocolate of all things! So is there anyone in there world who simply doesn't like the taste of alchole or the feeling of getting drunk??? Am I that eccentric?

Comment

• Just to add, I can act just as drunk (when I'm in fact not) so "acting drunk" is not a problem. I can fit in real well that way.

Inhibitions? What inhibitions?

Comment

• Originally posted by MartialArtsGirl View Post
        I feel so wierd, doesn't anyone else in the world NOT like drinking? I've met people who don't like chocolate of all things! So is there anyone in there world who simply doesn't like the taste of alchole or the feeling of getting drunk??? Am I that eccentric?
        I absolutely hate getting drunk. If I'm at a social function, I'll drink it if I like it, drink coke/water/juice otherwise. I'll stop once I feel a little buzzed, and switch to water or nothing if there's no better drink available. I don't care what others say, I get headaches, and migraines, fairly often. Living with that sucks enough and there's no way I'm going to willingly put myself through a hangover.

People on here joke a lot about beer keiko being a part of kendo and such but, no one will seriously care if you just don't like to drink. So don't worry about it, just do what you want.

Comment

• be in the bekka program is to have a nice one year kendo/judo holidays. just do what you want to do: like in holidays!

Comment

• Originally posted by nikozamo View Post
            be in the bekka program is to have a nice one year kendo/judo holidays. just do what you want to do: like in holidays!
            Sorry dude, but it was just like being a college student. I doubt that studying kendou were just holidays

Comment

• Btw, no one has mentioned that Fujita is back in the kaikan...

Is just a curse :S

Comment

• Do you know why he is back? Fujita is like the cockroaches in the bekka kitchen: nasty, stupid and apperently impossible to get rid of.

Comment

• Yeah I know.

One person passed away in some of the Budai departments. A young one guy who I think I know who he was, but not sure about. So after the death of that person, the current chief of the kokusai shitsu was changed to the position of that guy.. And Fujita was reasigned to the International Office...

So we know that after a big nuclear accident not just the cockroaches will survive, but Fujita too :S

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo Nakayui View Post
                    That's right Fonszy!!! You know what you are talking about. I shot down our national kendo forum this summer and it took'em six weeks to repair. I say: "Let's geiko; any time, any place, any where!"

Hooossu Kendokamax!!!! I will come, I wiiiiil certainly come and visit you when the hockey is back. I will jigeiko with you and also hunt down and beat that other little Canadian bastard.
                    And when you do, you can be a gaijin in Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartialArtsGirl View Post
                      Just to add, I can act just as drunk (when I'm in fact not) so "acting drunk" is not a problem. I can fit in real well that way.

Inhibitions? What inhibitions?
                      WHY? feck em, just be ya self girl !! why act out something you are not

prehaps it me just being an old fart, if "they " dont like you the way you are prehaps "they" dont deserve to know the real you anyway

fitting in like that is being made to conform to outside expectations
                      prehaps "they" are the inhibited ones

Comment

• Summer holiday

Guys, I have a few questions:

What did you guys (Bekkaseis) do during long summer holiday at IBU? Did you went on cross country trip or something like that?

And one more thing, what is Practical Studies (outside the Univ.)

Thankyou very much for your reply.

Comment

• well summer.... let's see.... BEER!!!! LOTS OF BEER! some practice inside the kaikan, some practice in kamogawa, depends on your money

Comment

• I wonder if you have to pay the school fees of around $6000 if you get a scholarship? Can anyone tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ジャン View Post
                              I wonder if you have to pay the school fees of around $6000 if you get a scholarship? Can anyone tell me?
                              From what I gathered in this thread (somewhere) it sounds like scholarship people have all the costs covered.

Comment

• really? because in the application documents you have to proof that you can pay $6000 and its stated that you have to pay it

Comment

Working...
                                X