Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a stable mind? thats me out then.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo Nakayui
      Everybody who gets accepted into the program gets the scholarship. What the scholarship means is that you basically get your school fee back in 12 months. And yes, you must attend the classes, if you skip too mucht they can take away your scholarship and eventually send you home. The idea is: not in class, not a student, not worth a student visa, no title to stay, go home! The scholarship is minimal, it's only for room rent and (a little bit of) food. Everybody who finished high school and is in good health can apply for the bekkasei program. Most sought after bekkasei quality is a very good sense of humour and a stable mind.

what do you mean,good health?? I have various foot and kneecap problems.(sometimes i do old woman style -kendo ) sometimes i cannot practice from the pain,and of course,no fumicomi.is it worth for me going there ,you think?
      and,how much do you need(apart from the scholarship money) per month?

thanks in advance for your precious information!

Comment

IBU is a sports university, sports is what they do every day. So if you are not in excellent or at least a good health, you have nothing to do over there accept for drinking shochu and beer. You go to IBU for kendo or judo, not for the academic studies. Making a chest x-ray, a health check by your family doctor and providing a medical rapport signed by your doctor is standard procedure for applying to IBU. You will also get a health check at IBU soon after your arrival. They probably just don't want you to drop dead, because of a hearth attack during practice.
        Last edited by Gonzo Nakayui; 26th April 2005, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the Bekka Manual Gonzo. Looking back at my first 28 days I can really say it has helped. Beeing prepared for the worst has made the problems I have encountered easyer. The second year exchange students tells me this has been a trouble free year so far. I thought call the cockroaches in the bekka itchen was a myth since nobody had seen the this year, but to night the invasion started

Comment

Thanx! The cock roaches have their own season, just like the hurricanes. Don't worry they will come, they will come and than they will never leave. But, as your lawyer, I advice you to make the best of it and turn this dramatic situation around into good old fun. Buy a bb-gun at the hyuaku-en store down town and shoot the little bastards into pulp! Nothing beats the joy of stepping into the kitchen late at night (early morning) armed with a fully loaded high power Dessert Eagle or Colt 1911, switch on the lights, stemp the floor and than: Hello, hello, it's Jigeiko!
            Last edited by Gonzo Nakayui; 2nd May 2005, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Heh,

Last year the american just bought 10,000 yen worth of chemical agents and sprayed the entire kitchen, nothing survived.

Until he did that though, I had tons of fun running in there at 5am, drunk as a polish sailor, cooking ramen and wackin' the 'roaches. It was a great stress-relief.

Comment

Do you mean you were doing haya "cockroach" suburi in the morning :=)

Wonder if the neighbours would apreiciate the kiai:P

Comment

What a waste to kill the roaches with poison! I killed them with anything I had, pans, lighters, shinais, news papers, bb-guns, slippers and sometimes I chopped them in two with a big chef knife, just practicing for the perfect cut! I wish they cock roaches in Holland, but we don't. I have to get back to Japan!
                  Last edited by Gonzo Nakayui; 3rd May 2005, 05:23 PM.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? I've been looking all over the internet for this IBU you speak of. Any suggestions on how I can get more info?

Comment

Here it is: http://www.budo-u.ac.jp/index2.html , and nihongo gambatte!

Comment

hmmmm... i was under the impression that i didnt need to know any japanese. thanks anyway.

Comment

Gonzo, my hat's off to you for surviving. What a great thread!!!!!!!

I just wish I was able to go and try it for myself. Domo arigato gozaimasita.

Comment

Ha Haaah!

Originally posted by Echo
                            Gonzo, my hat's off to you for surviving. What a great thread!!!!!!!

I just wish I was able to go and try it for myself. Domo arigato gozaimasita.
                            At last the qualities of the initiator of this thread are being valued for his perseverance. The moment he will read this his head will grow and grow. Pity that we have to deal with it and not you guys. Just wait until you meet him and his bone breaking waza. You have been warned!

Comment

My "cracking-tree-waza" I presume? Just wear an extra men and you will be fine!

Comment

6 months havent even passed since i left that evil evil place (of doom, evil, more evil) and im going back again.

Maybe i ought to smuggle something inside ?

Comment

Working...
                                X