X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you Help us?

Hello all people here in Kendoworld forum.

I have a question...

I am new here and New in Kendo.

I and our team from Denmark are looking for a place to stay and train in Japan...

Our team in Holbk - Denmark has just been signed into The Dansih Kendo Assiosiation. Allthogh we have traind for a cuppel of years.

And our goal is to be the best team and Club in Denmark.

Therefore we seek traning in Japan, becouse we belive that it is the best place to develope our skills.

We seek a place to train where the old traditions still are hold firm. And we are looking for a place where we can train out in the open. Out by the old tempels, and where we are out of contact with the outworld.

We are counting on gong in the summer 2006.

We want to learn about kendo from start, and learn it the old school way... So we can passe on the skills and tradition to Denmark and spread this sport, becouse there are only about 100 people reg. traning in Denmark... And we think that it is sad, that a such fun and serious sport are hold out of the minds of danes...

I Hope that someone here can help me and our Team...

P.S - If someone wants to go to denmark and train... you are more then welcome in Holbk Budo Skole...

Sorry i forgot. My Name is Alan Kampman

Comment

if you want old school kendo, why not practise kenjutsu? i know it's not kendo.....

~taganahan

Comment

I found the best temple

I found one temple where you would be able to practice kendo and learn Zen,even stay by a charter. If you did'nt decide the place,send me PM.I will phone the temple's dojo for you whether still vacancy or not .(The temple doesn't have a web site.Then I will try for you to get a mail adress to contact them.)

I believe the temple is suitably for your team's first one step.
        Location,roots,events in history,facilities for kendo,everything seem to the best of all!

I just worry that it is possibly full occupancy already,even next summer .

Comment

Alan, if it's kendo you're talking about why not organize something with kendo clubs in nearby countries?

Comment

the reson that we want to train in japan is that is is our biggest dream.

But i and my team am are mostly intrested n this place you speak off.

we are tryng to go to as many cups and turnements in europe as posible for us.
            but when i get the chance i go to poland to train...

Comment

Originally posted by Holbk Kendo

Therefore we seek traning in Japan, becouse we belive that it is the best place to develope our skills.

We seek a place to train where the old traditions still are hold firm. And we are looking for a place where we can train out in the open. Out by the old tempels, and where we are out of contact with the outworld.
              Ah, sounds romantic. But, please, don't think Japan is the "best place" to learn kendo. Especially for a short visit, I doubt your skills will improve any. Come to Japan for the culture, not for the kendo. This is what I think you mean about training by old temples. There is no magic cure for substituting hard work. The excellent European clubs available will serve you better.

But for a vacation and cultural intro to Japanese kendo, by all means go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Holbk Kendo
                the reson that we want to train in japan is that is is our biggest dream.

But i and my team am are mostly intrested n this place you speak off.

we are tryng to go to as many cups and turnements in europe as posible for us.
                but when i get the chance i go to poland to train...
                But isn't the DKF already arranging a summer camp in Japan next summer?

Jakob

Comment

Yes DKF are making a trip to japan... But this trip they are making is not quite what we are looking for....

And yes... There are many plases to train Kendo. But we also seek the culture behinde it all. There for we want to go to Japan.
                  And i know that there is no magic cure to improve my skills... But hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly
                    The excellent European clubs available will serve you better.
                    I second you,Pauly-san.It is not 30 years ago . European and other countries are growing up so fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X