X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBU info...

the main site is mainly in japanese. Does anyone know of a site that has IBU info in english? I have a lot of questions about IBU. Does IBU make you take academic courses or just Budo? Tuition? Schlorships? etc.

I've actually built a homepage about IBU. It's not like the japanese version, lets just say it's a bit less official. The adress is www.bekka-world.tk. I've writen down some useful information. I will try to add some more articles later. The homepage has a forum and it would be great if some of you previous bekkasei could help out and help answer any questions that comes up. So I hereby announce bekka world officially open.

If you still have questions post them on the forum or contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernKendoka
      I've actually built a homepage about IBU. It's not like the japanese version, lets just say it's a bit less official. The adress is www.bekka-world.tk. I've writen down some useful information. I will try to add some more articles later. The homepage has a forum and it would be great if some of you previous bekkasei could help out and help answer any questions that comes up. So I hereby announce bekka world officially open.

If you still have questions post them on the forum or contact me.
      thank you very much

Comment

i don't see anything? are you still updating it?

this site would be very helpfull to anyone who doesn't speak japanese. the random tab clicking will soon be over!

~taganahan

Comment

The site is showing up for me fine.

Good job guys

Comment

Search is Your Friend

Do a search here. There have been a lot of discussions about it in the past, so I won't repeat what I've said. Suffice it to say,there's a reason why the site is only in Japanese, god forbid that it actually become an international hub for budo!!

Try this for starters if you haven't already: http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5166

Comment

Here is something that I would like to know... ignoring complaints about how the classes are run, many of the complaints seem to be based on living arrangements and rules set forth by the university. What happens if you live off campus? Can you even do that? Say perhaps a married person wants to go and the two wish to live in a leopalace apartment, for example.

For those who don't know, leopalace is one of the various places in Japan that will rent to foreigners for slightly higher monthly rent than actual, normal japanese landlords, but there is no need for a gauranteer or all the really expensive move in costs and "gift" charges that are normal for moving into a new place so it works out pretty well, or so I hear.

So does living off campus eliminate most of the hassels of bekkasai life?

Comment

I don't think living on your own is an option if you're a bekkasei. We're supposed to ask for permission if we want to spend the night outside of the school. So living outside of the school is probably not possible. But living on your own would make life a whole lot easier since it would keep you out of the internatioal office's reach. If you on the other hand come here as a research student you can stay anywhere you like.

Comment

grading

sorry for asking,but I couldnt find previous post on this.can somebody test normally while being a bekkasei?and,in chiba ken,how long must somebody wait between shodan and nidan?

Comment

You have two opportunities while you are there. One is sometime during the summer holliday and the other one in january or februari. I haven't tried my self but some bekkasei have tried. The problem seams to be the writne test which is in japanese.

Comment

arrrgghhh......the page is blank!!! do i need some kind of software to view it or do i have the wrong link? maybe the bandwith limit has exceeded. please help cause i would really like to see the contents of this site.

~taganahan

Comment

Originally posted by taganahan
                        arrrgghhh......the page is blank!!! do i need some kind of software to view it or do i have the wrong link? maybe the bandwith limit has exceeded. please help cause i would really like to see the contents of this site.

~taganahan
                        I couldn't see the page when using mozilla firefox, but with IE it worked fine.

Comment

Question:
                          Is IBU the same as Budo Senmon Gakko or Busen.
                          Or are they separate schools?

Comment

Those are other schools. IBU's original/Japanese name is Kokusai Budo Daigakku.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernKendoka
                              You have two opportunities while you are there. One is sometime during the summer holliday and the other one in january or februari. I haven't tried my self but some bekkasei have tried. The problem seams to be the writne test which is in japanese.
                              I have passed both shodan judo and shodan kendo when I was at IBU. You can do judo exams up to sandan through Budai judobu. Ask Bunasawa to register you. I did my judo exam in the summer. In Februari I did kendo shodan. The kendo exam is not at Budai, but with the Izumi gun kendo federation. You can register for this at the Chiba Bogu Store in Katsuura. I could do the written test in English. Komoto sensei was very helpfull in supporting me and another kendo bekka with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X