Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Article: 59th All Japan Kendo Championships - 3rd November, 2011 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Article: 59th All Japan Kendo Championships - 3rd November, 2011

    You can view the page at http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/con...-November-2011

  • #2
    I thought that Takanabe would retire but I guess he is giving his last performance in the 59th. I have my money on, Uchimura, Takanabe, Shikano, Oishi and maybe Shimizu. There are many new names and I hope to watch some good competitions.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sweet, thanks for putting this up KW!!

      I don't know how it's going to pan out on the day BUT, I can say that I would liketo see in the best 8;

      Shimizu (Go AICHI, this is your year!!)
      Yoneya
      Furusawa
      And maybe even Harada's younger brother in the mix.

      But that's just me....

      Comment


      • #4
        Harada's younger brother never does well as I recall in the past... He is young and has big shoes to fill for his older brother.

        Originally posted by Fudo-Shin View Post
        Sweet, thanks for putting this up KW!!

        I don't know how it's going to pan out on the day BUT, I can say that I would liketo see in the best 8;

        Shimizu (Go AICHI, this is your year!!)
        Yoneya
        Furusawa
        And maybe even Harada's younger brother in the mix.

        But that's just me....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TenKen1013 View Post
          I thought that Takanabe would retire but I guess he is giving his last performance in the 59th. I have my money on, Uchimura, Takanabe, Shikano, Oishi and maybe Shimizu. There are many new names and I hope to watch some good competitions.
          Why his last? A number of people competed to older than Takanabe currently is, not least his own teacher....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The great I AM View Post
            Why his last? A number of people competed to older than Takanabe currently is, not least his own teacher....
            34 is generally the age most tokuren retire. You have to remember most of them have been playing competively since early ages and as much as police practice it takes its toll on a body. Older policemen are only going to compete so long with their younger parts. There have been older like in the 40s particpants I belive 4 years ago (one nito player a doctor). But he doesn't have the same expecations as a Tokuren player. Teramoto and Takanabe most likely will be moving towards become 7th Dan and eventually 8th Dan. So you most likely will see them at other National Tournaments just not the All Japan Kendo Championships competing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Toshiro Mifune View Post
              34 is generally the age most tokuren retire. You have to remember most of them have been playing competively since early ages and as much as police practice it takes its toll on a body. Older policemen are only going to compete so long with their younger parts. There have been older like in the 40s particpants I belive 4 years ago (one nito player a doctor). But he doesn't have the same expecations as a Tokuren player. Teramoto and Takanabe most likely will be moving towards become 7th Dan and eventually 8th Dan. So you most likely will see them at other National Tournaments just not the All Japan Kendo Championships competing.
              Isn't this depends a lot on the character of the player? Because they aren't on the tokuren...they may have less pressure to win(?) but doen't mean they will never want to try out again..

              Comment


              • #8
                Kendomax not sure what you are asking but in Japan if you are going to make competitive kendo your career the pressure starts at an early age. Whether your trying to get into one of the top kendo highschools, colleges, police, company worker or maybe even teacher. Even the college student, teachers and company worker that made it have great pressure to win or do well. Winning or doing well in AJKC can easily change their life for the better although maybe there is less pressure because most people expect a police officer to win. A good example is Wako who placed 2nd in the AJKC that Shodai won. Wako was able to make the Japanese Men's Team (individuals), particpate in the Sports Accord in China and probably numerous other National tournaments in Japan. Hatakenaka was a university student in his first AJKC soon after doing well he was able to tryout for the Japanese Men's Team and I'm sure it made him look even better to Keishicho when recruiting him after college

                Comment


                • #9
                  Woohoo, the big day is here.

                  I'm just logging into the live-stream now (although I'm at work) and planning to have a peek from time to time throughout the day.

                  Anyone from KWF online at the budokan today? If so, would love to hear your comments as the day progresses if you are willing to post them up?

                  Thanka again KWF for all the good work you put into reporting on these events!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok, I'm a little too eager - the competition doesn't go live until 10.15am (Japan time) and the ceremony at 9.45am.

                    Add one hour to that if you are in Australia.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Broadcast is live!! Kata demonstration is now on

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Fudo-Shin View Post
                        Woohoo, the big day is here.

                        I'm just logging into the live-stream now (although I'm at work) and planning to have a peek from time to time throughout the day.

                        Anyone from KWF online at the budokan today? If so, would love to hear your comments as the day progresses if you are willing to post them up?

                        Thanka again KWF for all the good work you put into reporting on these events!
                        We're here now and watch this space, Twitter and Facebook for updates!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow, I'm watching the views on the live feed multiply!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is anyone having problems with stability/streaming from the live-feed or is just me?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well Okido took out my personal favourite but I thought Yoneya played very nice, beautifuland measured kendo against Okido. Good luck to Yoneya, I would like to see him get up one year. Interesting best 8!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X