X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Kendo World Issue 6.1

You can view the page at http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/con...W-6-1-Out-Now!

And subscribers can look forward to finding it in their mailboxes...soon? Thanks for info, T-S

Comment

They've been sent from Japan, so now it is just a matter of local postal services, and there always seems to be a bit of disparity there. But hopefully sooner rather than later!

Comment

This will be available for Kindle from Amazon.co.uk too?

Comment

That is my understanding. Finishing touches for upload happening right now, so it should be very soon.

Comment

Working on it ;
            Kindle version should be available before the end of the week.

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Comment

I subscribe and my subscription is ending so soon I willl have to buy individually which is fine. But I was wondering if HpMagCloud would be a better alternative for Kendo World then using a Print Shop in Japan or elsewhere. I would imagine you have to have a minimum print-run and then there is delivery from Japan. I ordered one of Geroge McCall's 1st publications and I think shipping was from the closest location. I would imagine it would also let you print back issues no longer in stock perhaps the elusive Issue 1.1.Either way I look forward to reading 6.1 when it arrives in the mail.

Comment

Hi Toshiro
                  we have been looking at POD for a long time, and the quality is getting better and better for sure. It is a good system, but we are in a situation at the moment where we are obligated to use our current Japanese printer. It is a little complicated and I can't get into it here, but POD is the direction we are headed anyway. As for 1.1, it's a little embarrassing in terms of quality, but I suppose it is collectable. We will get that out eventually too, but the early issues were made in the days of Pagemaker, and converting all of the files to workable formats now takes a bit of time.

Comment

No problem Bennett-sensei,

I'm sure I will break down and get an e-reader or an Ipad eventually so I can read KW before my paper copy comes in the mail. Thank you and KW Staff keep up the good work.

Comment

Hello Alex Sensei, Mine arrived in the post (Japan/Saitama) yesterday. T-S

Comment

Originally posted by Toshiro Mifune View Post
                        No problem Bennett-sensei,

I'm sure I will break down and get an e-reader or an Ipad eventually so I can read KW before my paper copy comes in the mail. Thank you and KW Staff keep up the good work.
                        You don't really need an e-reader, you can get the free kindle app on your phone/mac/pc. I use kindle app for the mac and like it.

Comment

I'm so pleased I can read KW on my Kindle! It was nice to see Victor Harris again, who was my Kendo dojo President many years ago (and of who I have many photos in various states on inebriation!) and who once took me on a very special tour of the bowels of the British Museum showing me all sorts of wonderful artefacts.

I'm sure you get irritated by suggestions like this, but any chance of a little more Iaido content?

Comment

Hello.. I'm having difficulty getting through to someone regarding my subscription. I've used 'contact us' but i've had no reply (insure if its a wonky email my side). Who should I PM directly?

Comment

PM me please

Comment

Working...
                              X