Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it sent out yet cause I haven't got nothing so far.

Comment

It was sent out a few weeks ago now. For whatever reason, it usually takes more than a few weeks to be delivered by standard post in the USA.

Comment

Bought this one for my kindle. Some of the graphs are a little hard to read on there, but otherwise, enjoyed/ing the issue!

Comment

Got my copy yesterday, read the editorial(good reminder about the importance of zanshin) and "hanshi says" so far, much to meditate on.

Comment

Got it. Excellent as always

Comment

For some reason I am not getting the chapter separation on my Kindle. Is it just me or are others experiencing too?

Comment

Hi !

what do you mean by "chapter separation" ?? There is no break between the end of an article and the beginning of the next ?
                6.1 works fine on my 6" kindle (the latest version)...

Can you tell me which kindle you have ?

Comment

Hey B,

Yeah, there is no break between the end of an article and the next one. The whole magazine reads like one big article basically, and I am not able to skip from one article to the other. I have a 6" kindle, the one with the keyboard.

Comment

Going Postal!?

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                    They've been sent from Japan, so now it is just a matter of local postal services, and there always seems to be a bit of disparity there. But hopefully sooner rather than later!
                    Alex, disparity is very little to say. As of March 5 2012 I still have not received my order placed on Tuesday 31 January, 2012.

Comment

Santiman, what else can I say? The US has an incredibly slow postal service and there is nothing we can do about that. Your magazine was sent when the order was received and it pains me also that it takes so long to be delivered atthat end. Charlie Kondek who is also in the US reported that he just received his, so I imagine it won't be far away.

Comment

Hey E,

I think I see what you mean. With the format we have been using, you cannot skip from one article to the other if you do not go through the TOC. let me check if I can upgrade that. If possible, we will make updates

Originally posted by Lloromannic View Post
                        Hey B,

Yeah, there is no break between the end of an article and the next one. The whole magazine reads like one big article basically, and I am not able to skip from one article to the other. I have a 6" kindle, the one with the keyboard.

Comment

Thank you, I was able to do it on the previous issues though.

Comment

Yes indeed.
                            Because we used to edit all the content of the file manually (takes hours and hours), but now everything is quite faster with the Indesign Kindle plugin... The only problem is that it does not handle well the page breaks yet...
                            Working on it !

Comment

1. can you start the e.magazine at the cover.
                              2. can you also loop the e.magazine back to the beginning once we end it.
                              3. 6.1, can't flip thru chapters.
                              4. would like to read on the zen - kendo connection. Are there high ranking
                              sensei's having this focus. The Sen article is great.

When will 6.2 come out or 4.4?

thank you,

jstn

Comment

1 It is possible to do, although it is more common for kindle file to open on the first page of the content. We will think about it.

2 I guess it is possible, I need to check the tags for that

3 Upgraded. We just uploaded the new version to Amazon. You should be able to get the update in about 2 days

4 hard to find. Deshimaru Taisen wrote a little bit on that subject, but it is in French. Don't know if there is an English translation.

5 6.2, not before this summer. 4.4 soon.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X