Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse than kenshi of whatever nationality (and it's not because he's Korean than I object to his actions, it's just his actions) doing the wrong thing is the fact that it becomes necessary for shinpan to consider reprimands at all. Kenshi should be self-monitoring, and holding themselves to a higher standard than the rules require. Everything that is good and unique about Kendo is contained in the previous sentence. The day kenshi require punishment to stop them from transgressing is the day that Kendo, perhaps irrevocably, turns from budo into sport. Perhaps that day has already come? b

Comment

Ben, although I agree that some of the KOR team members did not show proper reiho I would also say that some of the JPN team members did not show the best kendo either. I personally was not happy with the team finals for many reasons. Shiai seems to be more and more going towards Olympic style win at any cost attitude that a budo attitude and I can't say I agree or am happy with it.

Comment

I don't want to sound one-sided but after I keep watching the clips, I can't help but to feel that this year, Korean kendokas displayed much better kendo than Japanese kendokas even though they lost. Of course, I'm not talking about their reiho or contempt for referees' calls, which I think was very inappropriate even though I can also feel the wrath for poor judging calls. What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
        X