Lamenting the loss of Iai...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamenting the loss of Iai...

I know the publication is called Kendo World, but there seems to have been a definite lack of articles about Iai in the last few years amongst its pages. There was always an article or two and perhaps an interview with a hachidan Iaidoka in KW and these were enough for me to buy a hard copy for my library. But these seem to have disappeared almost completely. Is this a deliberate editorial direction or due to a lack of contributors? I miss buying KW for these quality articles.

Dunno. I just started Japanese lessons and the teacher, a lady in her 30s from Tokyo had never heard of Iaido.

Comment

My favorite is telling a Japanese person that I practice iaido and they say, "Oh really? Aikido?"

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
        My favorite is telling a Japanese person that I practice iaido and they say, "Oh really? Aikido?"
        Yes that's happened to me, too!

Comment

All Japanese people are martial arts masters.. When they aren't practicing martial arts, they are drawing calligraphy and conducting tea ceremonies.

They all think very highly of westerners studying their martial arts, and are extremely grateful, and do not think it is wierd at all.

Comment

"Father teach..."

Comment

Originally posted by hl1978 View Post
              All Japanese people are martial arts masters.. When they aren't practicing martial arts, they are drawing calligraphy and conducting tea ceremonies.

They all think very highly of westerners studying their martial arts, and are extremely grateful, and do not think it is wierd at all.
              Nailed it!

Comment

Working...
              X