X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

Can nothing be done? Is there not some kind of update or plug-in that can deal with the spam threads being started up all the time?

You mean 'spam-spam' or 'I-wanna-be-a-kendoka-but-can't-be-arsed-to-get-to-a-dojo-spam'?

Comment

Thats not spam technically, those are just dickheads :P

Spam in this case is the automated stuff. Like where a new user signs up and makes one post linking to seduction products or a get rich quick scam or something.

Since it's automated, there's likely a bit of software or an update they can use to filter for it. For example make a minimum post count or time as a member before you're allowed to post a thread.

Comment

Vbulletin has a lot of these features - its down to whether someone (Alex/Hamish et al) can spend the time getting the options enabled...

Comment

hehe spam
          http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_python.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Anjin-san
            For example make a minimum post count or time as a member before you're allowed to post a thread.
            Or just refuse any first post containing a URL...

Comment

i agree, theyre bloody annoying.

Comment

spam is yummy, ummmmm, spam and eggs XDD

Comment

They're automated? So Awooga Guy has been wasting his breath insulting the spammers

Oh well.

That is all.

Comment

no. its fun to insult them. even if they dont read them, us lot do, and we can therefore learn much in the insultodo.
                    sorry hellsing, but here i must use the phrase 'you minger'. spam is icky not nice.

Comment

"national" food of hawaii, nuff said!

Comment

Originally posted by rottunpunk
                        no. its fun to insult them. even if they dont read them, us lot do, and we can therefore learn much in the insultodo.
                        Awooga Guy will continue his mission then

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by katai atama
                          "national" food of hawaii, nuff said!
                          well i suppose if you have no choice. like when it was invented because the only side dishes available were old boot laces and dirty dandelion leaves then its nice.

saying that, i used to like luncheon meat in the shape of teddies, and thats basically spam...but it is in the shape of teddies...or clowns...which makes it taste better.

i thought the national food of hawaii was coconuts or summit-ah how little of the world i know

Comment

i guess this kinda belongs here...
                            i think there we should deal w/ all the "backyard ninjas" (for lack of a better term). i dunno how, but all this flaming is worse than the spam.

Comment

Awooga Guy has noticed that a lot of new accounts have been registered lately with the country as "Abu Dhabi" - perhaps these bots just go for the first alphabetical country on the list. Anyway we can nuke all these spam bots from orbit? Unless there is anyone here who actually is from Abu Dhabi.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X