• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events forum

Hi,

I just added this mod to my forum:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ghlight=events

It adds a button to an events section linking it to the calendar, registered users then opnly need click this button to add an event to the calendar, it also generates a discussion thread for that event and publishes upcoming calendar events in the forum. You can add it for more than one forum.

I think it'd be an excellent addition to this site, so thought I'd mention it, the mod doesn't take long to add (ten min max), if you want to take a peek at how it works, it's up and running on my site here

Mike

Good idea. Even better if we could tie it in with some kind of online gambling function.

Comment

If I recall correctly there is an event calendar on these forums, I don't think anyone uses or checks it (me included)

Comment

More technology is always better. I demand a calendar for every forum here.

Work with me people, just twelve posts till I get my avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by JCM View Post
          If I recall correctly there is an event calendar on these forums, I don't think anyone uses or checks it (me included)
          My point precisely, people don't use it even though it's really useful (you can request reminders, display upcoming events on the forum home page etc etc), people do however use the misc events forum to chat about things, the hack simply ties the two things together a bit better, it makes the first post of any thread an event on the calendar, everything else works just as normal

Mike

Comment

Please ignore me while I borrow your thread to postpad.

Comment

No problem ignoring you

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X