X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magazine isbn

hi, could anyone be so nice and tell me the isbn number of the first and the actual kendo-world issue (it has a isbn, doesn't it? )? thx very much

Originally posted by darkluc3
    hi, could anyone be so nice and tell me the isbn number of the first and the actual kendo-world issue (it has a isbn, doesn't it? )? thx very much
    Hi!
    I don't think it has an isbn-number because it's a regularly published magazine and not some kind of book... But maybe I'm wrong, so: any subscribers here???

Comment

magazines dont have isbn numbers

Comment

That's why they have ISSN numbers. Hitokiri, the number for Kendo World magazine, volume 2, number 2 is ISSN 1175-8872. I can check my other issues tonight at home.

Comment

ok, thx raiza!

Comment

You're very welcome. Sorry I mixed up the sigs-there's a lot of new faces lately and my kendo-addled brain sometimes can't keep them straight.

Comment

@raiza: if you find your #1 kendo world issue (and the actual one) do you think i can order it in a library by telling the issn? cause i have no credit card and would like to see how the magazine is... cya

Comment

I don't have the very first issue and I don't know if you can order KW through the library. It's so highly specialized that it may not be carried, especially the first-ever issue, which is out of print altogether. Libraries tend to wait until a magazine gains enough popularity to justify the purchase.

It's a great magazine and IMHO it's much better than most martial arts magazines out there. It's so good that I will be ordering back issues, which you can do if you need to purchase a copy to decide on getting a subscription. You can print and mail the order form with payment bank cheque/postal order (money order) so you don't have to have a credit card. The quality of content is kept very high and I've been very pleased with my subscription. The only real complaint I have is that it takes a long time to reach my place!

Comment

Just an update, for issues 1.4 and 2.1 the ISSN is 1175-8872. I'm going to go on the wild assumption that this is the ISSN number for all issues of KW.

Comment

ok, ill try it with that number thx again

Comment

Working...
                    X