X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just Kendo or...

It's not that I'm not intrested in kendo, I like to read some about it, but I wouldn't buy a magazine with just Kendo in it. So I was wondering if the magazine has some other subjects too (I practice both Iaido and Jodo so I'm mainly looking for these subjects) can anyone help me with this? Like give me an idea of how big the part of non-kendo subjects in this magazine are?

thx by advance,

Valentin

You can see the tables of contents for previous issues here.

Comment

Well I've ordered a copy just to have a look. The articles sound interesting and I love reading anything about the Japanese sword and related arts.

Comment

I've been reading my issue of Kendo World and have to say I'm extremely impressed. Its written authoritatively, is very interesting and diverse enough even for the non-Kendoka like me (Iai) and the quality of the photos, paper and printing make it a pleasure to handle. If only this was available when I was practising Kendo in the mid 80s, I'm sure I'd've been a better practitioner and maybe even continued my training. Really superb journalism-well done to all those involved!

My only issue is the price of the postage to the UK. I was about to buy two further back issues until I realised the postage alone was an extra $30 meaning two magazines would cost me $70+! I'd happily pay for the magazine now I've read a copy, but $30 postage? At this time I didn't feel I could justify this personal cost so I didn't take the order any further and emptied my cart. Isn't there a cheaper way of doing this? How about a surface mail option for back issues for example? If there's guaranteed Iai content every issue, I'd consider subscribing, but I suppose you are unable to guarantee this!

Comment

Originally posted by Kokoro777 View Post
          I've been reading my issue of Kendo World and have to say I'm extremely impressed. Its written authoritatively, is very interesting and diverse enough even for the non-Kendoka like me (Iai) and the quality of the photos, paper and printing make it a pleasure to handle. If only this was available when I was practising Kendo in the mid 80s, I'm sure I'd've been a better practitioner and maybe even continued my training. Really superb journalism-well done to all those involved!

My only issue is the price of the postage to the UK. I was about to buy two further back issues until I realised the postage alone was an extra $30 meaning two magazines would cost me $70+! I'd happily pay for the magazine now I've read a copy, but $30 postage? At this time I didn't feel I could justify this personal cost so I didn't take the order any further and emptied my cart. Isn't there a cheaper way of doing this? How about a surface mail option for back issues for example? If there's guaranteed Iai content every issue, I'd consider subscribing, but I suppose you are unable to guarantee this!
          Maybe they should consider digital distribution, at least for back issues? Would certainly save on the mailing costs.

Comment

That's an idea, but I do like the physical magazine- in order and on display on a shelf!

Comment

Working...
            X