X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachi Uchi no Kurai

How about a series of articles on Tachi Uchi no Kurai in Kendo World? It'd be a great contrast/comparison with Kendo no kata and bring this obscure set of kata into the light.

Originally posted by Kokoro777 View Post
    How about a series of articles on Tachi Uchi no Kurai in Kendo World? It'd be a great contrast/comparison with Kendo no kata and bring this obscure set of kata into the light.
    Obscure?

Lee Mountain and I have run a few TUnK seminars [Budokan Dojo; Darlington & Durham].
    One of these was led by Peter West - and included the Tsumi-iai set..........

Peter and I were instructed - by our Glorious Leader - that we should run more seminars......... to keep TUnk alive and developing.
    Neither of us have had the time to do one as yet;- hopefully we will do so in the not-too-distant future.

At the most recent Genbukan Gasshuku [Edinburgh] John Honitz-Green led the seminar and included a lot of TUnK stuff - - all fresh from the horse's mouth
    I believe that he [JHG] wishes to lead more of these......... but - given that he lives in Tokyo - - timing may be infrequent.

Perhaps Yama-Sama is considering setting one up in the north............

Comment

It'd be great to attend such seminars, and I think it'd address the issues Iaidoka have with distancing and partner work in general without having to resort to taking up that stick thingy! Perhaps part of the problem is that TUnK isn't part of the grading syllabus under the BKA and so put on the back burner, and resurrected only when there are lulls in ones frantic grading preparation. Maybe it should be since it'd make for more rounded swordspeople.

Comment

What stops the iaido section from issuing certificates of completion for seminars and demonstrated competence in each set of the koryu? That will be as attractive to the grade collectors as the ranking in the kendo federation.

Kim.

Comment

What stops the iaido section from issuing certificates of completion for seminars and demonstrated competence in each set of the koryu? That will be as attractive to the grade collectors as the ranking in the kendo federation.

Kim.

Comment

Working...
          X