X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange things afoot

What's happening with the site today? PMs seem to have gone the way of the dodo and my prized avatar from before they all came pre-canned has disappeared (now shows a red x).

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
    What's happening with the site today? PMs seem to have gone the way of the dodo and my prized avatar from before they all came pre-canned has disappeared (now shows a red x).
    I can still see the avatars...

But you're right. What happened to the PMs?

Comment

Can you see mine? Should look like kanji for kendo. All I see is the standard red x for unfound file and "Neil Gendzwill's avatar".

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
        Can you see mine? Should look like kanji for kendo. All I see is the standard red x for unfound file and "Neil Gendzwill's avatar".
        Yup, I see it.

Haven't noticed any change in your avatar at all.

Wait... Did you change your avatar recently? It looks like the one that's been there since forever.

Comment

Nope, haven't changed it. Maybe there's some weird caching thing going on that's different between your browser and mine. I'd like to change it, but if I change it I lose the custom thing.

Comment

I don't have a clue about your problem, but until you said it, I had a always thought your avatar was some guy with a backpack skiing...

Comment

Avatars should be fixed, finally. I managed to upload Slidercrank's avatar from his account, so please let me know if anyone can't upload a new avatar.

Neil, hopefully it should fix the problem you've been having. Let me know if it doesn't.

I'm fiddling with some settings, so there may be some hiccups!

Hamish

Comment

Avatar's back, although I'd still like to be able to change it. Don't see the PM stuff anywhere.

Comment

Can you try editing the avatar in your profile, Neil? Slidercrank was able to change his, so you should be able to now.

Hamish

Comment

Hi everyone,

My PM is gone too. When I click on it, I get a "don't have administrative access" window.

BTW, thanks for allowing up to upload custom avatars...can you guess which comic book mine came from?

Comment

Can't see mine again...

Comment

I can see it but it isn't your regular avatar - it's a photo I think.

Comment

I can see it again and I changed it. Not very clear though - puppet Angel with a sword, for the Joss-ites in the crowd.

Comment

Glad to know it's a puppet - I'd been squinting to make it out thinking what an odd looking bloke

Comment

Working...
                            X