X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest issue of KW mag the best!

Just want to say big up to Alex, Hamish, Lochie and the team, (yes, even you Kirk) for what I think is about the best overall issue yet. Even though y'all seem to be flat out, the quality has not flagged. Let me say why I think it is so ace:

1) Arimitsu sensei article: I trained under Arimitsu sensei in Kagoshima in 1993 but not being much of a Japanese speaker, didn't get to know him as well as I would have liked. Your article filled in the gaps of my knowledge of this exemplary kendo man.

2) Shindo Munen Ryu: my copy of KWM came the day after witnessing Chiba and Sato sensei demonstrate the old Keishicho kata at their seminar in Melbourne, which contains a strong SMR influence. Synchronicity.

3) The medical articles are always amazing. If I ever have one of these kendo-related injuries, I will definitely show the related article to any doctor I might consult. I think it would aid their diagnosis immeasurably.

4) Nice to see article on Iai-Jo C'ships in my hometown. But guys: you need to learn about correct dpi for print resolution of photos. 72 dpi is not enough!

5) Kendo in Iran: very interesting and source of the best cover yet. I thought I had been mistakenly sent a copy of "High Times"... Also nice to see your smiling face Dr A! In one shot you look remarkably like Rainer Werner Fassbinder... that's a good thing...

And I could think of more but I have to race off to class. Keep it up guys! Oh and did I say congrats on 6 dan Alex? Omedetou!

b

PS - Oh, the Budo charter was v.v.interesting too. Please keep us appraised on any more work in that area.

AAAHHHHH!! I have not got mine yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Got mine Monday!

BTW, is it my imagination, or does Alex's Zekken say "Arekku" rather than "Arekkusu"?

I thought it was Dr. Alex Bennett? Or is it Dr. Alex Bennett?

Comment

Got mine on Tuesday. Stupid Australian Post postie folded the mag in half and stuffed it into my letterbox - I'm in the process of filing a claim for compensation for damaging the cover. What a stupid git.

Comment

Yes great issue guys, I havent read the entire thig yet, but so far everything is great!

Comment

I really liked the piece about Iran!

Comment

I got mine today.

I like the article about Kendo in Iran very much.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Comment

So if you guys are getting your magazines now that means I should get mine in a couple of months.

Canadian postal service....HA!

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan
                  Got mine Monday!

BTW, is it my imagination, or does Alex's Zekken say "Arekku" rather than "Arekkusu"?

I thought it was Dr. Alex Bennett? Or is it Dr. Alex Bennett?

I spell it with an X but pronounce it with a C

Comment

got mine yesterday, and as always...quite interesting

Comment

Just got mine!

Fantastic, as always!

Comment

Working...
                      X