X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More spam on the forum?

Now about eight! messeges with people asking us to by DVDs and stuff. I don't come here for this crap! Why arn't the topics deleated yet?

I'm no computer expert, by a long stretch of the imagination, so this may be a redundant question, but is there no way of stopping automated registration engines from creating entries?

Comment

Musha, I'm sorry I don't check the forums every waking moment for spam to delete.

The great I AM, I have tweaked some settings to prevent it from happening again.

Comment

See Musha, big brother is watching. Ta Hamish.

Comment

i dont understand that kind of spam in this forum?! maybe some kind of mental confusion ;-)

Comment

Spam bots search the internet for forums, usualy stale ones to spam. They can usualy be stoped with things like auto generated gif image numbers because they don't work by viewing the web page like we do.
            I'm sure this site has things to stop auto bots like these though.

Comment

No matter what you do, there will always be a loophole. Everytime you make a new measure, there is someone out there sitting in a dark basement trying his/her best to thwart the system. They do the best they can, but if they get through, they get through. All we can do is to keep patching up the holes and finding new holes before the bots get through.

Comment

I've just seen another 3 enter the forum boards. Dam. Maybe there is some legal recourse against the intrusion? Don't know, though I suspect that that is a bit much for forum protection. I guess we'll just have to put up with it for now...

Comment

Often, you come off like an ungrateful, pushy arsehole - like this one.
                  Oh I just noticed I got a reputation for this post . Thank you that man, glad you had enough time from rocking in your char in a smok shouting insults at little kids to think of me. I love my fans, even the secret ones .

Comment

right now there are like 8 more spam messages on the forum...

i understand one moderator can'T be here all the time to watch over the posts. but why not elect more moderators then? one or two is falling short in a forum as big as this anyway, IMHO....

with that said: mingshi for president!

Comment

I'd like to see more mods but they have to be saints! If there bad it will ruin the forum all together. I've been on one forum which elects moderators by how long they have been on the forum and some of the mods there are the ones who should be band!.

P.s. Mingshi a mod? Read the above.

Just some one to be here once a day deleating this crap would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Paburo
                        i understand one moderator can'T be here all the time to watch over the posts. but why not elect more moderators then? one or two is falling short in a forum as big as this anyway, IMHO....
                        uhmmmm... Neil Gendzwill for mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
                          uhmmmm... Neil Gendzwill for mod?
                          Go Neil! -starts working on a advertising campaign-

Comment

If you are scared of putting someone wrong into the position of the mod, you can give him small rights. An example:

He can temporary delet threads into the "Recycle bin", and when a real moderator comes, he can either delete them or if he thinks they dont need to be deleted, he can put them back.

Just a theory, dont know if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish
                              Musha, I'm sorry I don't check the forums every waking moment for spam to delete.

The great I AM, I have tweaked some settings to prevent it from happening again.
                              seems to be working well. haven't seen that much junk out lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X