Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aikido section?

Hey all.

Since Aikido is Gendai Budo, I think it should have it's own section here. =)

If anyone is also willing to suppot a Aiki section, post here.

If you need a moderator to mod the forum, I'd be happy to do so.

Peace.

Aikido board? No thanks.
    Mentalist as a moderator? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingofmyrrh
      Aikido board? No thanks.
      Mentalist as a moderator? No thanks.
      Why not a Aikido board?

Why not a mentalist?

As for the mentalist part, what does it matter if I can judge whether or not to keep threads open?

I'm NOT a mentalist.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Light Samurai
        Why not a Aikido board?

Why not a mentalist?

As for the mentalist part, what does it matter if I can judge whether or not to keep threads open?

I'm NOT a mentalist.

Peace.

Not to be rude, but if you look on your top left corner you will probably see a large Kedno World image.

Comment

Why not a Aikido board?

Why not a mentalist?

I'm NOT a mentalist.

Peace.
          1. Lloromannic has answered that.
          2. Because I have to deal with enough on a daily basis without having another one forced in my face.
          3. I'm not convinced you could judge.
          4. I'm not convinced you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
            Not to be rude, but if you look on your top left corner you will probably see a large Kedno World image.
            Even if it IS Kendo world, Some styles of Aikido have randori and general tests. But I see your point, and thank you for your input.

Peace.

Comment

I would have to agree. Although Kendo World does have different forums on different Ways. They tend to be more towards the Ways that involve weapons, I believe that would explain why Aikido, or any unarmed Ways, don't have their own forum here.

Comment

Originally posted by Taisaburo
                I would have to agree. Although Kendo World does have different forums on different Ways. They tend to be more towards the Ways that involve weapons, I believe that would explain why Aikido, or any unarmed Ways, don't have their own forum here.
                Alright, that's what I was indeed hinting at. But Aikido does use Bokken, Jo, and Tanto, so I don't see why this should be any different. I have many other Aikido forusm to visit, so thank you all for the consideration, but I'll withdraw my request.

Comment

just came across this thread.

away from the biatchy comments made...

...i too wouldnt mind having an aiki section
                  it is based on sword work after all
                  or a general section under other arts-in which people can post stuff on jitsu, judo, aikido, karate etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rottunpunk

or a general section under other arts-in which people can post stuff on jitsu, judo, aikido, karate etc.

Atleast one person likes the idea.

Thanks.

Comment

no probs.

i do aikido (or did before i had to work when class is on)
                      i know theres different styles but dont know a lot, and need tips on how to do kokyu(sp?) movement etc.
                      i value the iaido section here, but need an aiki one as well

most people who do kendo do some other kind of art, even if it isnt directly related.
                      perhaps a specific section on aiki would open the floodgates for argument for every other art, so i feel a general section under 'other arts' would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by rottunpunk

Yeah, this wouldn't be a bad idea. It's not that I didn't dislike the idea for an Aikido Forum, Light Samurai. I was simply providing explantion as to why they may not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Taisaburo
                          Yeah, this wouldn't be a bad idea. It's not that I didn't dislike the idea for an Aikido Forum, Light Samurai. I was simply providing explantion as to why they may not have one.
                          Hahaha. Thanks bud. I see that now that you point it out.

"Remain a fool for 5 minutes and ask, to never ask and remain a fool forever."

Peace.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

Hey all.

Since Aikido is Gendai Budo, I think it should have it's own section here. =)

If anyone is also willing to suppot a Aiki section, post here.

If you need a moderator to mod the forum, I'd be happy to do so.

Peace.
                            While I sympathize with you (ten-year Aikido practitioner, achieved Shodan, taught weapons), I would also disagree.

There are plenty of other Aiki-groups on the web.

Aiki weapons are not taught at every dojo, and there are quite a different number of "styles" (I learned three different ones, and parts of a fourth).

The purpose of Aiki-weapons is to teach Aikido and not weapons training. Aiki-weapons training has evolved far away from its roots in Japanese swordsmanship.

I spent several years in training to remove Aiki-ken movements from my Kendo and Iaido. Ditto for removing Aiki-jo from my Jodo.

Aikido-ka trend to use Bokuto (bokken) and Jo as blunt instruments. However, Bokuto must be used as if the were sharp blades; a kuden (oral teaching) in Jodo is to use it as if it had an edge.

There are other outlets on the web for Aikido.

Comment

I don't think we need an aikido section, but I think we could use a Backyard Ryu section, so all those morons out there can post there, and we should have an option that allows us to ignore all threads/posts from that section... THAT would be nice

Comment

Working...
                              X