X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tying one's Hakama

First of all, hello everyone and thank you very much in advance for all replies. I'm not english so don't expect me to write like your average thread starter, I'm far worst than that.

On the subject, I just bought my first Hakama and I'm having troubles tying it, actually I'm not sure how to tie it at all.

Someone help? @___@

thanks!

Try this link...

http://www.mushinkankendo.com/kendo_uniform.html

Comment

Thank you, it certainly helped me a lot!

Just one more question, is the Hakama suposed to have these huge spaces by its sides? I think is too big for me @___@ ( I'm really short - 160cm and the Hakama is size 3, I think )

Comment

yeah, hakamas are a pain. The japanese people at my dojo are about my size in hight, and MUCH less in weight so they generaly look smaller. When i took mine out of the bag, it was HUGE! dident know what was up what was down. But you get used to it.

On your foot, you have your toe, then its flat, then there is a protruding area that connects to the heel. You want the end of the hakama right at the end of that protruding area.

my explaining aint that good, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by yahiko_venom
          yeah, hakamas are a pain. The japanese people at my dojo are about my size in hight, and MUCH less in weight so they generaly look smaller. When i took mine out of the bag, it was HUGE! dident know what was up what was down. But you get used to it.

On your foot, you have your toe, then its flat, then there is a protruding area that connects to the heel. You want the end of the hakama right at the end of that protruding area.

my explaining aint that good, sorry.
          A monsterously foot-conquering wart?

Comment

Originally posted by Crucialus
            Thank you, it certainly helped me a lot!

Just one more question, is the Hakama suposed to have these huge spaces by its sides?
            Yes.

Originally posted by Crucialus
            I think is too big for me @___@ ( I'm really short - 160cm and the Hakama is size 3, I think )
            If the hakama is touching the floor, it is too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnis
              A monsterously foot-conquering wart?
              .... yeah .... no ....

Last edited by yahiko_venom; 4th November 2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X