X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new hakama..

i need a new pair of hakama. i'm trying to find out which brand is well worth the money i'm about part from. somewhere in 10,000 to 11,000 thread count. and something that doesn't shrink too much after washing.

jin, musashi, or that gold zen stuff.

any thoughts?

also i need new gi.. but gi, i don't need all that nice features. don't need soft, double layer.. i need simple single layer with tight weave. can't see the detail on the pictures. which brand is good solid single layer with tight weave? i like my 10+ yr old gi which is now falling apart.. but this one is none brand japanese gi (either that or the label fell off during washing) that i got from mail order 10+ yrs ago from nyc somewhere and i can't even remember where i got it from.

pete

https://www.kendoshop.com/Eng/index....00&number=1000

Comment

Koei sells the Jin hakama, which is nice, and for a little more Kachi (might not be on the websites yet, ask for it) which is even nicer.

Comment

Pete:
        I have a "better that 10000" jin from Eguchi that I use for special occasions as I find it to be rather heavy for regular wear.
        I also have a 7000 from eguchi that I regularly wear to practice and a 17 year old one that I got in Japan that I wear with my old faded dogi and bogu when I'm feeling "wabi sabi".

If I were buying just one, I would get the 7000.

Comment

Agree with ignatz,

I have a 10,000 and it is really heavy i much prefer my 5000 (both in keikogi also)

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz View Post
            Pete:
            I have a "better that 10000" jin from Eguchi that I use for special occasions as I find it to be rather heavy for regular wear.
            I also have a 7000 from eguchi that I regularly wear to practice and a 17 year old one that I got in Japan that I wear with my old faded dogi and bogu when I'm feeling "wabi sabi".

If I were buying just one, I would get the 7000.
            i'll more than likely cont. to use my old gi and tetron hakama, i just need new hakama and gi for special occations.. promotion testing, and when guests come to our dojo. my current gi and hakama are rather worn out (to a point where my gi is coming apart around the collar, and tetron hakama is getting light lint after washing) and not something i want to wear to next promotion test.

pete

Comment

Originally posted by bullet08 View Post
              i'll more than likely cont. to use my old gi and tetron hakama, i just need new hakama and gi for special occations.
              Once you switch to cotton, you won't go back.

I like the heavy ones myself. I've got a Mitsuboshi 11,000 count one that I received as a gift that I really like. No clue where to buy them.

Comment

I purchased this from Sankei. (10,000) It serves me well.
                http://www.zen-sankei.com.au/onlines...roducts_id=112

Comment

Bogzen has some of the nicest hakamas, they have sankei, zen, musashi, ect.

http://www.boguzen.com/c_hakama.html

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
                    Once you switch to cotton, you won't go back.

I like the heavy ones myself. I've got a Mitsuboshi 11,000 count one that I received as a gift that I really like. No clue where to buy them.
                    following location seems to sell mitsuboshi hakama, but not sure if they are 11,000 or not. doesn't really say.

http://www.hondamartialarts.com/prod...&CategoryID=37

pete

Comment

At those prices, it's not the one I've got.

Comment

Pete:
                        Would not recommend buying any kendo stuff at that store. Their stuff is low priced for a reason.

Comment

http://www.eikobudogu.com/english_to...ada/index.html

The staffmember said in an email that it is closer to 12,000 fabric, but still light. It is indeed lighter than my other bushu 10,000 hakama from Masaharu. (Bushu btw refers to the area in Saitama-ken where the fabric is dyed, not the company that makes the hakama).

Their price is very cheap - 18,000 - but their shipping seems a tad expensive (47,000 for 1 hakama to Aus?). Maybe theyr'e putting a margin on the shipping. That's what Virgin Airlines did here a while back: interstate fares were advertised at $10, but with "taxes, fees and other charges" added the price was more like $200.

No complaints about the product though.

b

Comment

Working...
                          X