X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this OK for Zekken?

I assume the English (romaji) characters will be changed to a default font and size, so my main question is the katakana. Does it look OK? I want everything to look as it should. I studied Japanese language many years ago, and I may have forgotten some rules of how to write things, etc.

Zekken (click here)

i think is no problem the size by now because when you go to make to the budoshop, or whatever they will make at the precise size (if they know how to make it, like an budoshop)

Comment

I think your Zekken should say "Sharp" in Romanji, down the middle, and "Sony" across the bottom.

Sorry. Couldn't resist...
      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by nikozamo View Post
        i think is no problem the size by now because when you go to make to the budoshop, or whatever they will make at the precise size (if they know how to make it, like an budoshop)
        I'm not sure of that 100% because my zekken may be made by someone who does not have an intimate understanding of katakana. My primary concern is the positioning of the small 'ya'.

Originally posted by Kenzan View Post
        I think your Zekken should say "Sharp" in Romanji, down the middle, and "Sony" across the bottom.

Sorry. Couldn't resist...
        LOL
        That's strangely appropriate since my father got our family name off of a television set.

Comment

Yeah the kana is cool, but I would personally maybe make the small 'ya' a tiny bit bigger, and offset it a bit to the right. But that might just be something my boguya does...

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
            Yeah the kana is cool, but I would personally maybe make the small 'ya' a tiny bit bigger, and offset it a bit to the right. But that might just be something my boguya does...
            I'm looking for just that kind of precise criticism, thanks.

Comment

http://i14.tinypic.com/4hmmzk0.jpg

Is this any good?

Comment

OK maybe a tad smaller this time with the 'ya' somewhere inbetween the 1st one and the 2nd one

シャープ I think it wants to be about half the size of a normal character

If its too small it'll be easy to think you're called Mr. Ship

and too big and you'll be Mr. Shiyarp
                Last edited by D'Artagnan; 23rd January 2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Yes, I think that looks a bit better, with the bigger ya. But I'll agree with D'Artagnan--it's maybe just a bit too big now. Can you do a happy medium, or is this how it's showing up on your word processing program when you type in 'sha'? I tried Microsoft Office, and it didn't come out that big.
                  Last edited by namabiru; 23rd January 2007, 10:16 AM. Reason: wasurechotta

Comment

Originally posted by Dervish View Post
                    I assume the English (romaji) characters will be changed to a default font and size, so my main question is the katakana. Does it look OK? I want everything to look as it should. I studied Japanese language many years ago, and I may have forgotten some rules of how to write things, etc.

Zekken (click here)
                    There are a sound reading and the Japanese reading in Japanese.
                    There is one writing a sound reading in an errand kanji at a Japanese dojo studio.

Comment

There are a sound reading and the Japanese reading in Japanese.
                      There is one writing a sound reading in an errand kanji at a Japanese dojo studio.

Comment

Instead of centre align - try align the small "ya" to the right, which is how they are supposed to be displayed when written vertically. Then you'll have more space make it to the optimal size.

Comment

look good to me. but idd put the Ya more to the right. you dont wanna be Shiyapu

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
                            What, you have your own now!?

Originally posted by D'Artagnan
                            Fetch my armourer squire, for tomorrow we fight!

Comment

I like the first one better. maybe ask E-Bogu what they think.

Comment

Working...
                              X