Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kote fixes in the UK

Hi,

The palm on my left kote has torn, can anyone recommend someone in the UK (is the closest and cheapest for shipping) who can fix it?, I don't mind if it's a company or an individual, I am looking for the best rate and a job well done.

Many thanks

P.S. - I have already e-mailed nine circles for a quote

Imai-San is your best bet. She can do all repairs from patches to complete kote palm replacement.
    Contact her on (0)7701031133 or emaishop(at)hotmail(dot)com

Comment

Thanks Sensei,

I didn't think of Imai, someone gave me very good feedback about her repairs before,I will send her an e-mail

Comment

I could do it in 5 minutes. So could you if you tried.

b

Comment

Alternatively - cobblers!
          Your local olde-worlde cobblers or saddlers may be able to help. They could also butcher it to bothery but you never know.
          I'm still amazed chiba bogu recommends the palm replacement with the same artificial leather you can use to clean your car windscreen!

Comment

Originally posted by ben View Post
            I could do it in 5 minutes. So could you if you tried.

b
            I tried fixing a pair of jeans a few weeks ago. The results discouraged me from ever going near a needle again...

Comment

Let me know how you get on J,
              my kote is begining to fall apart

Comment

I would use them again....

When my left kote went emaishop fixed it for me and did a great job ! think they use deer leather or something like that so you get a smelly hand after Kendo but then again I just see that as part of the greater Kendo experience. Think they were pretty quick as well as I recall.....

Comment

had a palm replaced on one of mine years ago took it to some one who repaired horse tack, she did a good job too

try the yellow pages might work

Comment

Can't recommend Imai san highly enough. Just got my old kote completely re-palmed with deer skin by her and she's done a fantastic job. Quick turn around too, I had them back within a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X