Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Uchiwa

Its time I got the uchiwa replaced, ive used the bogu about 7 years now

Anyone tried this as a DIY option ?

Ive asked EmaiShop in the UK but yuki says its a back to Japan job so it gets more complex

any experience out there ?

cheers

Never heard of anyone get that replaced, and certainly not on a 7 year old bogu....... are you sure it needs replacement? I would get in touch with the people with whom you got the men and ask about it.

Comment

hey george hows it going ?

the uchiwa is rock solid - probably the year in storage while I was sailing

I thought it would soften up a bit but if anything its thee reverse

I can pad the men but i might as well get it changed

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PhilMcLaughlin View Post
        Its time I got the uchiwa replaced, ive used the bogu about 7 years now

Anyone tried this as a DIY option ?

Ive asked EmaiShop in the UK but yuki says its a back to Japan job so it gets more complex

any experience out there ?

cheers
        Since they are put on before the menbuton is put on I would think the men has to be disassembled to replace it.

Makes me wonder if it could be removed with the men intact and one of the removable velcro ones could be put in. Question would be how well would it fit after that.

Comment

Hi Phil, Im alive and living in various dojo by the feel of it!!

As Curtis says, I think its a pretty big operation to replace it... though I dont know for sure. I wouldnt be suprised if they were glued in. If its an expensive men I would get in touch with the manufacturers... if its cheap, its probably easier to buy a new one as you said.

Comment

thanks guys

its 1.2 bu hand made by Kawato budogu in Osaka c/o Geoff Salmon so its going back for a re-furb (well worth it)

got to decide if its worth getting a men temporarily or just buying a cheap set while its being re done

regards

Phil..

Comment

surely there is a college club somewhere with a spare men?

Comment

Working...
              X