X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have These Kote?

Hi Folks! Looking for a review of either. I'm looking to get a second set of kote to give my existing pair a bit of rest between practices and I've fixated on to these two:

Perforated Palm
    Lightweight

Anyone own either? Would you be willing to give me pros and cons? Also currently not looking to consider another vendor as an FYI. Thanks!

Micro punch

Hello tghere I have the Micro Punch ones from Chiba Bogu. I like it very much. The leather of the palms dry faster, and the "leather" doesn't crack when they're dry. They also don't smell so much. It worked for me.

Comment

Ive heard that nokozamo has the perforated kote... Ive also heard that the palm1 has already teared aspart... but better ask him...

Comment

I believe youre asking for the e-bogus perforated kote... not the chibu ones.

Comment

I guess.I dont know really...

Comment

Originally posted by ChaShu View Post
            Hi Folks! Looking for a review of either. I'm looking to get a second set of kote to give my existing pair a bit of rest between practices and I've fixated on to these two:

Perforated Palm
            Lightweight

Anyone own either? Would you be willing to give me pros and cons? Also currently not looking to consider another vendor as an FYI. Thanks!
            The lightweight pair suck. I have them, and they have gaping holes that reveal all four fingers (left AND right kote). They are flexible, and they ARE light, but the thumb is not protected well, and I feel that the quality of the palms is horrible.

Comment

Lightweight Second pair of Kote

Punch-palms work for me since I sweat a lot and they don't seem to wear out any faster but I do rotate through 2-3sets on a regular basis.

I have a pair of "Hotaru" kote with a "punch-palm" bought from "Tenpudo" bogu shop in Saga, Kyushu. Designed by Tashiro sensei (hachidan), the kashira is "pre-turned" to assist with effective grip and there is no need to break in the kote. They are a great (and lightweight) second set for practice.

Tashiro sensei is a bogu-ya by profession; his shop is small but full of beautiful things. Unfortunately he can only be contacted via fax (see website).

http://ww4.et.tiki.ne.jp/~tenpudo7/en/index.html

Comment

E-bogu's kote

I also have the super keiryo lightweight kote. In my opinion they suck. I bought them brand new and I have never liked them. They do not protect well at all. They are poorly designed and made to dry fast. That is the major selling point> But I believe that safety should come first. I have been trying to get rid of them for some time now and nobody wants them. That tells me alot. They have only been used in keiko 2-3 times , thats how bad they hurt. I did thousands of suburi with them but thats about it. IMO, if you want a good kote but dont want to spend alot of money why dont you purchase the 1.5 bu general kote from SEHYUN. These are really good , price is right and they protect very , very good. Not to mention SEHYUN makes descent stuff.Around 150 dollras if I remember correctly...JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Bishop View Post

I have a pair of "Hotaru" kote with a "punch-palm" bought from "Tenpudo" bogu shop in Saga, Kyushu. Designed by Tashiro sensei (hachidan), the kashira is "pre-turned" to assist with effective grip and there is no need to break in the kote. They are a great (and lightweight) second set for practice.
                  [/URL]
                  Speaking of pre-turned kote, this one was featured in Kendo Nippon a while back....

http://www.takeakigo.jp/takeakicote.htm

Comment

Thanks folks! I think I'll go with the perforated palms. I wasn't sure about the lightweights, but the whole dry-fast claim was quite interesting. My wife complains about the smell sometimes...

Comment

Working...
                    X