Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onlinekendo.com

Hello everybody,
    Have someone bought a bogu from Onlinekendo.com? I want to know your impressions about the quality of that product.

Thank you very much.

I use a 1.5 bu by onlinekendo with stadard materials.
    The quality is pretty good for the price. The futon is a little harder than traditional japanese men. The 2.0 bu with japanese material is better and softer for sure.
    You can chose aluminium mengane in the handmade too (I prefer aluminium).

I've also ordered a 4mm with japanese material for the dojo and it's fine!

For sure I prefer these men to the kendoshop machine stiched men (I've got a 2mm). This is just like many other men, but it cost less.

I'm not sure for the quality of other type of men, but I advise you to chose the 4mm jap.

I don't know the kote quality.

Comment

Hi Kendoarg,
      I'm kinda new to kendo (returning after long absence), and purchased my bogu through onlinekendo.com.
      I bought the (BM-11) Pre-made beginner bogu with B1 embroidery. It does the job well. However, the first pair of kote did not have much padding, and the palm leather tore easily (probably more my fault due to bad form and gripping to tight than quality). This was added to by a bored german shepherd puppy and not keeping them out of the way.
      I got new kote and do also from onlinekendo.com, and the new kote had more padding (even though I ordered same product).
      Another set of kote later (again to german shepherd chew toy activity), and the kote are great again. (I'd like to think my form is getting better, but let's be realistic here...)

Onlinekendo.com have always had a quick turnaround and are really reasonably priced. In my book, the're good. Be interested to hear what others think, as I am only commenting on premade, machine stitched entry-level bogu......

(PS - regardless of what you buy - make sure you keep it in a safe place away from pets!!)

Cheers - hope this helps.

Comment

Massimo and TraversNZ thank you very much for your answers. For me Onlinekendo.com has a good price, so perhaps I will buy some bogu.

Thanks again.

Comment

Bienvenido a KW, kendoarg!

Welcome to KW, kendoarg!

I am sure Unixg0d will soon be here, meanwhile, try to contact him, he's from Rosario, and he has both a machine-made Onlinekendo 2mm bogu with japanese materials and a hand-made beauty he'll be happy to tell you about! Plus some people in his dojo have differente models, so you can have a wide array of opinions.

Comment

Hey, im here

Kendoarg, we have many of these bogu in our Dojo, i just can tell you that are not the best bogu in the world, but do your job very well for the price. I just can tellm you that Price/Performace is really hard to beat Online Kendo. Of course OnlineKendo have High quality Equipment, like 1.0Bu, 0.8Bu with Japanese Materials,with TAC, IBB, IBB Pro, mengane, with Bamboo Do....

We dont have any problem /yet/ with the bogu that we purchased. If want some pics of something just pm me, or visit the OnlineKendo Store in Argentina.

Comment

Thank you Fukuruyu and Unixg0d, its enough information to decide.
              Fukuruyu, perhaps I will be in Uruguay for business. I was watching your page in internet, very nice!!! If I go Iwll try to contact you.

Best regards

Comment

Glad to help, kendoarg! (But I think Unixg0d made the difference... he's the one with the actual experience)

We'll wait for you and hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Please feel free to contact me whenever you like, we would like a lot to have visitors (not that we have had many...yet)!

Comment

Originally posted by kendoarg View Post
                  Thank you Fukuruyu and Unixg0d, its enough information to decide.
                  Fukuruyu, perhaps I will be in Uruguay for business. I was watching your page in internet, very nice!!! If I go Iwll try to contact you.

Best regards
                  ok, no prob. Where are you located?

Comment

I`m in Buenos Aires.

Comment

Have any UK Kendoka used this company? Their prices are pretty damned good, so I can't help but think it's worth a punt.

Comment

Working...
                      X