X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from 38 to 39

Hi guys, I'm just wondering what kinds of methods do you guys recommend for someone who's switching from size 38 to 39 shinais. Any particular exercises? Right now i'm just doing 200-500 sho-men every day with my new 39. I know i'm not gonna get comfortable with 39's right away but what did you guys do to help speed up the process?

thanx

Stop doing air swinging and hit the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Yowai
      Stop doing air swinging and hit the gym.
      Stopz doing internetz Kendoz..............swingingz da airz iz betterz dan da hot airz comingz outz youz mouth........

Boyakasha!!!!!!!!L!!!!U!!!!!S!!!!!!E!!!!!!!R!!!!!! !!!Q!!!!!!!!!U!!!!!!!!!I!!!!!!!!!!T!!!!!!!!!!!T!!! !!!!!!!A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andoy
        Hi guys, I'm just wondering what kinds of methods do you guys recommend for someone who's switching from size 38 to 39 shinais. Any particular exercises? Right now i'm just doing 200-500 sho-men every day with my new 39. I know i'm not gonna get comfortable with 39's right away but what did you guys do to help speed up the process?

thanx
        I was in the same situation 7 years ago - just relax, you will adapt naturally. No need to do some special practice.

Comment

I dont think there is important between 38 and 39 shinai.38 for women and 39 is for men.39 is weighter than 38.If u want to speed up,u have to fight with others.Anyway,swinging is necessary.

Comment

i switched about a month or 2 ago
            i didnt really change anything in my training, just do what u would normally do and you'll adjust (and youll really appreciate that extra inch or so you get with a 39, i couldnt imagine going back to 38 now)

Comment

I started with a 39 right away, thank god......
              Which makes me think of it: I should get a new one soon :/

Comment

I have found that the best exercise for developing swinging stamina (in addition to haya suburi etc.) is triceps push downs and dips at the gym. 10-12 of each in 2-3 sets will feel like night and day within a few weeks. Also, if you can get your hands on a 9lb body bar and swing that sucker like a shinai, say 20-30 times. That shinai will feel like a feather if you do this everyday.

Comment

Working...
                X