X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mon on do

I've seen some kendoka wearing little stickers on their do that represent the mon (family crests) of samurai families or nice drawings. Somebody knows where I could find some of those stickers?

Originally posted by Shiro
    I've seen some kendoka wearing little stickers on their do that represent the mon (family crests) of samurai families or nice drawings. Somebody knows where I could find some of those stickers?
    I believe e-bogu sell these. I dont know what they are like though, because I've never bought a set.

Comment

oops

Originally posted by emitbrownne
      I believe e-bogu sell these. I dont know what they are like though, because I've never bought a set.
      and the moral of the story is... "never trust your memory, go and check your sources before posting on sites and making an @rse of yourself"

I am sure I've seen them around, and I could have sworn that e-bogu had them, but I've just checked and cannae find them anywhere... sorry.

Comment

No problem ^-^

I looked on google and I couldn't foind anything.....
        I'll ask the next time I see someone with it.

Comment

They're called kamon. If you get a print catalog from Koei or some other source they usually have a selection. The cheapest ones are just stickers for your doh, but you can spend a lot of money and have it built into the finish with foil or paint.

Comment

The sticker will do ^-^

I have a second hand bogu, so.....

Thanks for the info, Emit and Neil!

Comment

They sell mon sticker at Kendoshop

Comment

Bear in mind that you can't wear just any old kamon because you think it looks nice. If your family is Japanese, of course you can wear that one. If your sensei is Japanese, maybe he will give you permission to wear his but that is usually granted later in your kendo career. If neither of those conditions apply, just leave your doh plain.

Comment

Juz makez shurz youz uzez youz own familyz crezt.......It look stupidz seeing some-1z wearingz a crezt dat doezint meanz notingz 2 yaz....

Kindz of likez seeing a Japanesez guyz with a scottish coatz of armz crezt on dare do...

Comment

Originally posted by ALI G
                    Juz makez shurz youz uzez youz own familyz crezt.......It look stupidz seeing some-1z wearingz a crezt dat doezint meanz notingz 2 yaz....

Kindz of likez seeing a Japanesez guyz with a scottish coatz of armz crezt on dare do...
                    I was more thinking about the crest of great clans, like the oda or the Takeda. Just so that I could recognize my do more easily in the line.

Comment

Kamon

Hi!

Just ask your dojo member Philippe the "Koei" catalogue. You can order them from Eurobogu...

See you in december!

S. Takamori

Comment

Originally posted by S. Takamori
                        Hi!

Just ask your dojo member Philippe the "Koei" catalogue. You can order them from Eurobogu...

See you in december!

S. Takamori
                        Hello!

Thanks! I'll ask next Friday.
                        Will you come and train at my dojo in December?

Shiro.

Comment

Crest...

Dude go check on Kendoshop.com they have those sticker for cheap!!!

Comment

Sinz peeps aint puttingz der own family crezt on der boguz....Can youz putza logo sticka on da frontz of da Do?????????

I wuz tinking about putting a Wu-Tang Clan sticka on my Do......Bezidez peoplez not tinking dis iz traditional dis iz not againzt da rulez iz itz?????
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fukkenlazy
                              Dude go check on Kendoshop.com they have those sticker for cheap!!!
                              I didn't know about kendoshop

Comment

Working...
                              X