Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendo-Gu Presentation

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kendo-Gu Presentation

    Just a heads up that this years Donation of Kendo equipment to foreign countries took place and you can see pictures of it here

    http://www.kendo-fik.org/english-pag...esentation.htm

    With equipment going to Vietnam, Hong Kong, Uruguay, Panama, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Andorra, I look forward to Google mapping your kendo clubs at the first opportunity

  • #2
    Kendo-gu?

    Is that what comes out when you get too excited at keiko?

    ew.

    Comment


    • #3
      Noticed the medical masks on some of the fellers checking out the bogu.

      I know there's "stink" and "stink-a-roonie"... but that's kinda overkill!

      Mark

      Comment


      • #4
        I would like to know how they select the countries to send the equipment, any one knows ?
        or if there is a process to be made in order to get it ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Maku-san View Post
          Noticed the medical masks on some of the fellers checking out the bogu.
          On the serious side, they might be wearing it for their own protection. Nothing worse than doing a good (voluntary) deed and getting seriously sick due to inhaling mould.

          Alternatively, the very Japanese consideration of not infecting others with their cold/flu.

          Comment


          • #6
            If they're doing a lot of cutting, sanding and re-painting job it would create fabric/leather/stuff dust, good idea to avoid inhaling that. Also many paints used in bogu are highly toxic, good idea to avoid those too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by egtirello View Post
              I would like to know how they select the countries to send the equipment, any one knows ?
              or if there is a process to be made in order to get it ?
              I just checked this issue with the Vice-President of AUKI (Asociacin Uruguaya de Kendo-Iaido, the only kendo organization here) on your behalf; I was told the Assn. just manifested via official letter their intention to be included in the recipients list, and then just waited. No further details as for now, but I will keep looking into it, since the initial contacts were made previous to his period.
              Please feel free to PM me if there's anything I can do to help.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fukuryu View Post
                I just checked this issue with the Vice-President of AUKI (Asociacin Uruguaya de Kendo-Iaido, the only kendo organization here) on your behalf; I was told the Assn. just manifested via official letter their intention to be included in the recipients list, and then just waited. No further details as for now, but I will keep looking into it, since the initial contacts were made previous to his period.
                Please feel free to PM me if there's anything I can do to help.
                Thank you very much for that information, and for your kindness

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hong Kong?
                  b

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ben View Post
                    Hong Kong?
                    b
                    Changes in world's geopolitics aren't ZNKR forte, it seems...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No, I just meant they are hardly suffering from a lack of access to either bogu or senior kenshi. Odd.

                      b

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X