X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogu Bag

My bogu bag is nearing the end of it's life and I am ready for a new one (I'm not sentimental...).

I found this one on e-Bogu (http://www.e-bogu.com/New_Deluxe_Bog...bkpk-green.htm). Anyone have any experience with this bag? Are there better ones out there?

Thank you

I have no experience with that bag, but looking around in the net I found this... I failed to see any diferences, except $20 in the price tag.

Comment

Thanks Fukuryu!

Comment

I have one like it, in blue, without the backpack straps though, which are a nice addition. Had it several years and works well. Different manufacturer, but same size, pockets, compartments, etc. It is nice to put the smelly kendogi in a different compartment post-practice than with the rest of the gear.....

Comment

OH!

I've also been looking at that bag. If you get it, let me see it at class. My bogu bag is starting to give as well. The shoulder strap pad is pretty much toast.

Comment

Originally posted by j.noh View Post
            OH!

I've also been looking at that bag. If you get it, let me see it at class. My bogu bag is starting to give as well. The shoulder strap pad is pretty much toast.
            Will do. So far $39 is the best price that I could find. I am just hunting for a 20% coupon first.

Comment

I don't need a bogu bag but I do need a luggage bag and free shipping + no tax is great.

I didn't find a 20% off but I found a 10% off. Here's the promo code:

BAGSBUYLC

Comment

Originally posted by Gessho View Post
                Will do. So far $39 is the best price that I could find. I am just hunting for a 20% coupon first.
                Here you have a better deal: 2 for $48, same bag! Just get a partner, and you're done!

Check also the rolling bag for $40, its the same one that e-bogu offers, I think...
                Last edited by Fukuryu; 28th January 2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

That is great value.

Specially after the fortune I forked out for my bu jin bag

Comment

Looks like e-bogu ran into sourcing problems in China and couldn't get its regular bags back in stock...

Comment

I'm also thinking about the bujin's one...JCM, could you give us a short review?

Comment

Originally posted by mugen no junin View Post
                        I'm also thinking about the bujin's one...JCM, could you give us a short review?
                        Absolutely, to start with think about the padding, one of the guys here has the unpadded model, is cheaper but I is not half as nice, he has said he would consider buying the padded model in future, the difference is very noticeable, the padded bag is very sturdy and keeps its shape well, as well as protecting the bogu from hard knocks.

I bought the medium size and it's HUGE, the large must be enormous. Mine (medium) would fit:
                        • A full set of bougu
                        • Keikogi anf hakama in the outside pocket
                        • Keikogi and hakama in the inside
                        • A towel
                        • A toiletries bag
                        • A water bottle
                        • A light jacket (track suit like)
                        • My wallet/mobile in the inside detachable wallet compartment (a very nice feature when you are at a competition or seminar)
                        • My diary in the outside pocket, is about a medium book size
                        • Pens, tenuguis, spare himo and protectors

And this is without cramming the stuff in, you can fit some more gear if you want to. Is good if you travel for a couple of days as the bougu bag will fit clothing basics no problem it you are only carrying one hakama and Keikogi.

It can be turned into a backpack easily, the straps are sturdy (a bit wider would be nice but they are adequate), if you are travelling the straps are nicely stowed in the back compartment so they don't snag on anything.

The bogu compartment is designed in such a way that the bougu us very easy to take in and out (big front zip around the bag)

Only complaint is that is a bit big and perhaps the outside pocket would be better placed on the sides instead of at the back (they are made to order so perhaps you can ask them to do something like this), price is another issue, is very expensive.

For what I paid is a great bag, I heard of people having them for years with little wear and tear and it looks like you would have to try hard to break it or tear it.

Everyone who sees the bag seems to comment on how nice it is, so I guess it must be.

You can get cheaper bags like the ones above anyway, nothing wrong with them either!

PM me your e-mail address and I can send you some pictures

Comment

And about this?
                          http://www.eikobudogu.com/english_to...rry/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fukuryu View Post
                            Here you have a better deal: 2 for $48, same bag! Just get a partner, and you're done!

Check also the rolling bag for $40, its the same one that e-bogu offers, I think...
                            Are these large enough for bogu and some clothes?

Comment

I just got my "bogu bag" today. It was e-bogu's roller bag, the new one. I had ordered the "Boston style" bag because that's what one of our sensei's has and I see that style a lot. I wanted something specifically made for Kendo gear. They told me that they were discontinued, and they would substitute one for me. So I got the roller bag.

It isn't made specifically for Kendo equipment, it's just a Chinese off brand piece of roller luggage. The brand is "Olympia", and the model e-bogu is selling is the "Dakota drop bottom rolling duffel" RD-5000 series. RD-5030, specifically.

I haven't looked it up on the internet yet, and I doubt I will. I'm pretty sure I will be pissed when I find out how much I could have bought it for somewhere else.

It's the first thing about e-bogu that's really annoyed me. Their customer service has been great for me, and their shipping timely.

Comment

Working...
                              X