X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing Up in Men?

Has anybody seen or heard of anybody throwing up in there Men? The reason I ask is because after a hard practice a couple of days ago I felt like I was going to. BUT I DID NOT. So it made me think, Is it common?

Originally posted by LSG
    Has anybody seen or heard of anybody throwing up in there Men? The reason I ask is because after a hard practice a couple of days ago I felt like I was going to. BUT I DID NOT. So it made me think, Is it common?
    My sensei (4th dan) told me once he had seen it twice over the last 15 years during very hard practise. So it's not that often but it is known.

Did you ever ask yourself what's the reason for the size of the spacing in the men grid....guess it's a sort of a filter...

Comment

it almost happened to me once, but i managed to get the men off just in time.

anyway, if you think it's gonna happen, be sure to just lean straight over and let it go right out the mengane...

Comment

u mean, tht u took it off, then u threw up?

Comment

Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
          u mean, tht u took it off, then u threw up?
          You got avery clean dojo, especially after I heard your story about the guy who peed in is hakama

Comment

looooooooooooooooool

Comment

yes, i managed to get my men off just before puking...
              just a gut reaction i suspect... kinda like figuring out that you don't have to take the men off in order to drink water from a water fountain... (assuming one would even have a chance to get a short water break..)

Comment

Um, don't push yourself that hard, there is no shame in stopping BEFORE you feel like puking

Comment

will...
                  sometimes you're doing just fine and then it just creeps up on you all of a sudden. anyway, it happened to me several years ago.. i've doing kendo a few months, so, i know how far i can push my body..

Comment

ive seen it happen once..
                    a boy about 10-13.. during a bunch of kakari geiko
                    whee the joys of kendo camp..
                    i also heard etobicoke's old motto was "kakari geiko till you barf!"
                    lol

Comment

Most of the time when you throwing up is because he exert yourself when you have too much food in stomache. Generally it is recommended to eat 1 or 2 hr in advance of training. Imagine you ahve full stomach and try train, you will definately throw up. I seen a few time before, and trust me, it is NOT a pretty sight.

Originally posted by LSG

Comment

I must remember this for when i join....cleaning a men looks like it wouldn/t be pleasant!!

Comment

My Sensei (4th Dan IIRC) was telling me the other week about how during a particularly hard practice he threw up through the mengane over his Sensei Not pleasant!

Anywho, this is my first post on the forums, morning/afternoon/evening all!

Comment

Seen it three times in western fencing. It's even more unpleasant then I imagine it would be with a men on since the mesh of the fencing mask is much finer than the men gane. Yuck!

Comment

The fine mesh allowed the player to regain precious calories that would otherwise be lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X