X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle bogu bag

Any of you guys able to go to practice on your motorcycle? summer is nearing and I was looking around for bogu bag/shinai solutions

There was this post about bike bags. But it seems search is all screwed since the update. Does this mean we can't beat the noobs with it anymore? Not that I mind I always felt it was a tad unwelcoming if not without reason.

Comment

I would imagine that any sort of Bogu bag that has some sort of backpack straps on it would work out. This is the one that I bought a couple of years ago and, while quite expensive, has only done well to serve me. They also sell the Traveling Samurai Bag which is probably easier on the back, but doesn't look like it could fit bogu well. The Kendo Bogu Bag combined with my shinai bag worked out well enough for me when I would ride my bike to Kendo practice when I was at Purdue, but not sure how safe it would be with that long shinai bag on your back when it comes to riding a motorcycle.

Comment

Any bogu bag with a couple of good bungee cords strap to the back seat will be fine, used for 5 years this way in city traffic and has not lost anything. Extend the shoulder strap of the shinai bag so it can be carried diagonal across the chest. The bottom will scrap the road if lean too low...If you have a Vespa just put the bogu bag between your legs.

Comment

Originally posted by iluv4 View Post
          Any bogu bag with a couple of good bungee cords strap to the back seat will be fine, used for 5 years this way in city traffic and has not lost anything. Extend the shoulder strap of the shinai bag so it can be carried diagonal across the chest. The bottom will scrap the road if lean too low...If you have a Vespa just put the bogu bag between your legs.
          It's not a vespa
          thanks for the advice, and the reason I posted this, is because the search function is fubar atm.

I used to go to practice with my moped, but that was before I had bogu. The bags have gotten bigger, and so has the motorcycle ...(cbf500)
          They really should develop mountable bogu cases for bikes

Comment

just get a side car and put your bogu in there

Comment

As someone once warned me when I was commuting to work with a laptop case, anything you put on your back while riding is potentially something to snap your back if you land on it in a crash. I went and bought a back protector the next week...

Comment

I ended up just buying the bu-jin bag when the exchange rate was so good I saved myself 100 dollars. I think is a safe and comfortable.

You always take a risk when you carry a backpack, even a tin of beans or a bottle can cause a lot of damage if you fall, best to do what corwin did (buy a back protector).

I am no longer riding to training.....

Safe biking to all of you!

Comment

Working...
                X